DESPICABLE ME : THIRTEEN

*DESPICABLE ME*
*THIRTEEN*

Bismillaah

*ZAID*

I wonder where have I gone wrong to earn a rejection from Ahmata. I was expecting something else but as the saying goes 'Expectations Hurt'. I wonder who this Gabriel was and how he succeeded in fooling her into marriage. I don't even know whether I should call her Naive even after knowing she does not seem like it. Maybe he was not fooling her too,maybe he genuinely loves her. Maybe she is really not made for me. Maybe,just maybe.

I bumped on someone as I was not concentrating on the way.

"Watch it Man!" He yelled at me.

"Sorry" I answered in a subdued tone.

"Keep your sorry,uhhh" he threw a hand in the air. I was in no mood for problems so I just ignored him. Some ladies walking on the sides were whisper-shouting...

"That's Gabriel...yhooo,it's him!" I was not mistaken,they did say Gabriel. I looked back and saw the same guy I bumped onto. I wanted to follow him but he suddenly took a curve.
'Ahh Zaid,there are many Gabriels in the world...don't bother' I nodded to myself and continued,even if it's him...what will I do? I scoffed and rushed home. In my current state of mind,the streets are not where I should be.

I didn't even know how I got home and jumped on the sofa.

"Zaid Baaba...what's wrong with you habibi?" Ummaa's worried voice was heard as she sat beside me.

"I'm Ok Ummaa...don't worry" I managed to flash her a smile.

"I know you are not Ok. Go to Fatima,she'll help change your mood" she just gave me a good recommendation. I heaved a sigh before sluggishly moving to Fatima's room.

"No Timso today?" She asked with her eyes glued to her book.

I fake whimpered and lied on her bed. She moved the book and looked at me.

"Heyy...what's wrong habibi?" I know I am everyone's habibi at home. I giggled.

"This household and it's people should know that Zaid is no more a habibi yaar"

"Ok,but what's wrong with you...this is so not you"

"Guess what Timso,I am coming from Ahmata's house"

"And? What happened there?" She placed her book on the nightstand and paid complete attention to whatever I was coming to say. I also sat up properly.

"Since you told me about Ramlah,I wanted to propose to Rahmata and know where I stand in her life before marrying someone else since she is the one I...Ok. I was in school and some girls told me that some Gabriel guy proposed to her. I then asked her that question first thing as I reached her home. She said it was true but Timso,I don't know that guy but I found my instincts doubting him. I also felt broken when Rahmata said she loves him and wants to marry him. Right there,I thought maybe she would give up on him if I tell her about my proposal. Guess what? Straight rejection! She didn't even think twice Timso...it's like she never even dreamt of having a despicable guy like me as a husband. I shouldn't feel bad but I am. I feel so badly attached to her and I believe she should be mine! Just mine! I now understand why our deen asked us to control our hearts,this hurts so badly!"

She looked at me with blank expressions.

"Zaid Zaid Zaid...you just got it all WRONG! You should have ended the discussion when she said it was true! Why did you go ahead with your proposal? Don't you know that it's prohibited to propose marriage to a woman who has been already proposed to? Did your sheikh not teach you that?"