DESPICABLE ME : FOUR

*DESPICABLE ME*
*FOUR*

Bismillaah

*RAHMATA*

I decided to forget about everything and live in the moment. Help comes from places that one least expects. I checked the food that was left and decided to keep that for dinner and skip lunch. As usual,I tied Mukhtaar,who was becoming heavier by the second,on my back and went to sell apples. These days are very hard,even apples were not on the sales as they used to be,I kept my faith and tried my luck.
I was able to sell the whole plate before evening and went home. I don't like it when I stay out late with Mukhtaar.

I reached home and saw Sofia standing by the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to show you something" she uttered.

"I'm not interested so leave" I deadpanned. She grabbed my arm and made me stop. She struggled to take something out of her bag and in some seconds,she was in front of me holding a huge sum of money.

"See....I got twelve thousand from my today's performance...just today! Mata! Open your eyes. Before going under the hot sun with your baby brother why don't you just sign for this. You'll only work for two or three hours and get your money."

"You...what's your problem? You made an offer,I rejected...do you want to force me now,ehn? Is it by force?" I vented all my frustration on her.

"It's my fault! I am the one trying to help someone whom everyone abandoned because of her reeking attitude. Go to hell Rahmata!" She insulted me and walked away. I will let that slide,she will get it from me next time. I am Rahmata,I must pay an insult with an insult,you shall see Sofia!

I carelessly forced the key into the lock and luckily,it didn't break. Mukhtaar had already started wailing on my back,he was hungry.

I quickly prepared his food whiles he roamed around me saying incoherent words in his cry.

"Don't cry Your Majesty...food will be done soon" I rushed here and there all in the name of cooking. Just in time,Zaid walked in. I forgot to close the door when I came due to Sofia's stress.

"Holaaa!" He was always hollering! "Hey I met the door open"

"I forgot to close it man!" I said as I mixed the pap.

"Don't do that again....it's not safe" he advised

"Ok big bro" I gave him a salute and silently gestured for him to take Mukhtaar away as I cooked quickly. No words were said but he completely understood and did exactly as I wanted. I decided to feed Mukhtaar before preparing dinner for Zaid and I.

I took his food to Zaid and asked him to feed Mukhtaar as I go back to the kitchen. It's true that Allah does not take everything away from a person. My mom is no more but there is Zaid,who stands by me in almost everything. No words of thanks would be enough to show my gratitude to him. I prepared everything in a jiffy so that Zaid won't die of hunger. Zaid leaves his family and the food they prepare just to come and eat with me. He is doing everything so that I won't feel lonely.

"Dinner is done!" I placed the bowl of hot soup on the table.

"Mmmm" he smiled. He is a foodie!

We were enjoying our pleasant meal,not until the wails of Mukhtaar started filling the air.

"What's wrong with him?" Zaid asked. I just shrugged. "He's running a fever" Zaid said as he ran his hand on Mukhtaar's forehead. "It's already late...take him to the hospital first thing tomorrow morning inn shaa Allah" he ordered. I nodded and picked Mukhtaar from the couch. I laid him on my shoulder and sang lullabies for him. He muzzled his face in the crook of my neck and kept quiet. Zaid kept on watching how I made him quiet.