DESPICABLE ME : SIX

*DESPICABLE ME*
*SIX*

Bismillaah

*RAHMATA*

I walked pass Sarah and made my way to her car.

"Hey Maya,where do you think you are going? You need to perform for Gabriel" Sarah kept on talking as I walked pass her and boarded the car.

"Take me home Sarah" I deadpanned. "If you won't then I'll take a taxi" I made an attempt to alight the car but she held my arm and nodded. She hopped into the driver's seat and Sofia was seen coming towards us.

"Mata! You've embarrassed me girl" she frowned.

"She's got lucks. Gabriel has chosen her!" Sarah announced. They were so happy about it but I felt something was wrong. That Gabriel might want to take revenge from me for slapping his father. I'll go there but shall be prepared for anything.

They kept on ranting throughout the drive but I was as quiet as non-existency. I was still going on with the job but my heart feels imprisoned.

I didn't bother to say goodbye to them and alighted the car the moment it reached my door.

I met Zaid gently caressing Muhktaar who was trying to get some sleep.

"Shhhh" he shushed as I made some noice with my shoes,not even sparing me a glance which I was thankful of. I quietly took them off and tip-toed to the room. I quickly took bath and changed my clothes. I opened the door and saw Zaid coming with a sleeping Mukhtaar on his arms. He gently put him to bed and we both went out. It was just some minutes pass Maghrib but I felt so guilty.

"Ahma...salaamu alaikum" he smiled at me.

"Wa alaikumus salaam warahmatullaah. How are you?" I was speaking out of shame.

"I am fine Alhamdulillaah. Had some great time with His Majesty" I couldn't even raise my head. "Hey,stop acting like that. I didn't feel a tad bit bad. In fact,I love staying with Mukhtaar"

"I am so sorry Zaid,I didn't wish to bother you" I managed to say.

"I don't want to remind you that there should be no sorries between us. I understand,your job needs time and you are doing it for Mukhtaar. I am your best friend so who could understand you more than me?" What have I done to deserve someone like Zaid. He doesn't even know the job I was doing but he minded his business and took care of Mukhtaar in my absence.

"I'll have to go home early today,we'll be having a test tomorrow inn shaa Allah so I need to revise. I've prepared a sweet dinner for you,sorry that we won't have it together. Byeee" he ran out. I really don't know how to deal with such kind souls. I should have gotten a bad friend who'll be as despicable as me so that I won't feel very guilty but not someone like Zaid. He does not even show it on his face when he is hurt by something or someone. He does not get mad at me even if I make mistakes! Huh

I was really hungry and tired,Alhamdulillaah that Zaid had prepared dinner already. I served myself and filled my stomach to its brim. For once,I forgot all the troubles that life has put on me and went to pray. I felt guilty as I prayed but no matter how bad I may turn out,I shall never neglect my salaah!

I prayed and went to bed. Tomorrow's gonna be another interesting day by the way. Oh Gabriel!

-----

I called Sofia and asked her to come and stay at home with Mukhtaar. She was not performing today so she agreed. Zaid needed to study and I know he will not say it directly,I had to stop him from coming here.

I picked up my phone and messaged him.

_Hey Bro,Salaams. How are you? How was the test? You've got a lotta reading and revising to do,don't waste a single minute. No need to come here too. Bye,take care._