DESPICABLE ME : FORTY THREE

*DESPICABLE ME*
*FORTY THREE*

Bismillaah

*ZAID*

The moment I heard Gabriel's voice from the other side of the phone...I excused myself and went to the balcony. For a moment,I was made to realise how possessive I am of Rahmata. I cannot even imagine someone else loving her the way I do. Well for Rahmata,I trust her. I know she is a no-nonsense person and she will not tolerate anything untoward from Gabriel...still,I am feeling bad. One thing is for sure,after this call,I will ask Rahmata to block and delete Gabriel...from her phone and her life. It took time before she became mine,I won't let her slip through my fingers again,Inn shaa Allaah!

She met me standing outside,lost in the depth of my thoughts and she gently hugged me from behind.

"Hmm,something is smelling on your shirt"

"What is it?"

"Jealousy" she laughed. That seemed funny to her you know.

"What's a man without jealousy?" I turned around and faced her. "That guy,what did he want from my wife?"

"Whoaaa! Take it easy Zaid Zawjiy" she said in a honeyed voice.

"What do you mean by take it easy? I can't wait to know...tell me"

"Not in this state of yours. You'll have to calm down before I tell you anything"

"Fine,I'll be outside" I walked pass her and headed to the door.

"Zaid! You can't be serious" I retreated my steps as I remembered something.

"You'll have to block that guy from your life...I don't trust him one bit" she facepalmed and I made my way out.
The first step I took as I left her room made guilt and regret surge into me. I overreacted! 'Why do you act like a kid everytime!?' I scolded myself. I need to go back in and talk things out with my wife,yeaah!

I entered and sat beside her on the bed.

"He said his sister in law,Haleemah has given birth to a daughter" she explained.

"And she's named the child after me...that's why he called me,nothing else" I felt a little embarrassed but there's no way I am trusting that guy.

"Congratulations" I smiled to her. "He did a great job by telling you. May Allah bless baby Rahma and grant her hidayah throughout her life,Ameen. But you'll still have to get rid of him"

"I have to block someone whose family named a child after me? You're not making sense Zaid"

"Maybe...but for my peace of mind,please block his number. If Allaah wants you to meet,you'll meet in future but please cut all contacts with him..."

"But Zaid..."

"No buts,do as your husband says!" Let's see if Rahmata can obey a single order of her husband. I know she's still seeing me as a friend and I am ok with that. I don't need authority over her but I want to know how much she values me. Let's see if she can put her love into action.

"Sorry but my dear husband,you are not making sense"

"So you're not deleting it?"

"No!" She abruptly replied.

"Fine!"

I took a bath and changed into my pajamas. Rahmata and I haven't consummated our marriage. Yesterday was a tiresome day so we both fell asleep. Should I approach her today? No,I'm angry. I made a mental note of going to sleep the moment I leave the bathroom. I performed ablution and walked out. Rahmata gently set the bed and also went into the bathroom. I got into bed and forced myself to sleep.