DESPICABLE ME : THIRTY FIVE

*DESPICABLE ME*
*THIRTY FIVE*

Bismillaah

*ZAID*

I clothed Mukhtaar and walked with him to his new school. He was so happy and eager to go to school. He said all his playmates were already in school so he wants to go too. There is this madrasah in our neighborhood that operates just like english school. I got him enrolled there and we are on our way to that school.

My phone agitated in my hand. I quickly swiped it and listened.

"Salaamu alaikum Houbbiy" I smiled on the meek voice of my Ramlah.

"Wa alaikumus salaam Wifey" I enthused.

"How are you?"

"I am missing you" we're being romantic,lol.

"I am missing you too,badly. I had a dream and in it,you were being taken away from me but Alhamdulillaah,I happened to hold your right hand tightly that the one taking you away had to drag us both together" she heaved.

I was taken aback by Ramlah's dream,is it somehow referring to Rahmata? I don't think so.

"You are just scared dear...we are stuck forever!" She laughed. "Don't worry about that,even if I have hundreds of people to take care of,you will always be among them. Tell me Ramlah...will you accept me marrying a second wife?" I made use of the opportunity to ask this question.

"Houbbiyyyy! Not again! Remember you'd asked me the same question before our marriage"

"I know,I want to know whether your opinion of it has changed"

"No changes,I'll accept it inn shaa Allah...as long as you remain my husband as well" she answered in a submissive voice.

"You are not saying this from your heart,are you?"

"Of course not...who gets happy to share their beloved person?"

"Ohh,you are getting me emotional. What if I tell you I've seen someone I want to marry as a second wife?"

"Houbbiy! No need to say 'what if'...just say you've found someone to marry" she paused for something like a minute or more before saying... "I'll accept that too,I have no right to stop my husband from marrying a second wife,unfortunately"

"I'm not sure of marrying her but I want to know your opinion about my second marriage even before I go into it. Honestly Ramlah...if all women were like you then the world would be known for endless peace! May Allah bless you"

"Ameen...who is she?" Should I tell her? I mean,Rahmata would even back out after knowing that I am married.

"Ok,the marriage might or might not happen...she is Mukhtaar's Amma...she is my bestfriend too,I never told you that"

"Hmm. Ok" her reply was so curt that I got scared. I wanted to ask about Umm Ramlah's health when the call ended. I gazed at the screen of my phone thinking of calling her back when Mukhtaar pulled my hand...

"Let's go Babaaa!" I continued with Mukhtaar to the school and made a mental note of calling Ramlah later inn shaa Allah.

-----

I went to the bakery to buy some pastries needed at home when a message popped into my phone.

_Someone's waiting for you here_
_Ummaa_

I wondered on who might be waiting for me at home but no one came to mind. I quickly bought the things that I needed and rushed home. I heard mom talking and laughing with someone in the living room. I thought it might be a friend of hers and went to say salaam to them but I met Aunt,Rahmata's Aunt.