DESPICABLE ME : TWENTY FOUR

*DESPICABLE ME*
*TWENTY FOUR*

Bismillaah

*RAHMATA*

"Bye dear,take care" Haleemah waved me a goodbye and left. Haleemah has been my only friend and Alhamdulillaah,she has always been there for me. She'll always visit me and keep me company. She enrolled me into an online madrasah using Gabriel's laptop and makes sure I follow up all the classes by sometimes coming home and joining me during lessons or reminding me through calls and text messages.

I was on my way to my room but the door bell rang again. It was Gabriel.

"Salaamu alaikum amor" I smiled and replied his salaam,carried his bag and made him sit before going to bring him water...my daily routine. I was not complaining though,I love doing the things that I do for my husband. "I am coming from Jaafar's house but didn't meet Haleemah there....was she with you?" I nodded. "Ohh! Their kids are back. I had such a great time with them,my love for kids. I wish we'd also have a lot of kids together" I know Gabriel was feeling bad knowing that there is no sign of pregnancy in me and it has been a whole year to our marriage.

"Kids are the gift of Allah and Inn shaa Allah we will have them. We can also go for check ups in the hospital and know what's wrong...that way,we can look for a solution if the problem is health related"

"No need to go to the hospital...or maybe you should go,not me"

"Why won't you?"

"I know I am not sterile and nothing is wrong with me. It does not even run in my genes"

"So infertility runs in my genes right? That's what you are insinuating?" I spoke in an angry tone.

"I am not,don't get me wrong...I was just speaking for myself"

"Of course,I see. You are so fit and fine" I walked out on him,went into my room and closed the door.

After some minutes,I heard a knock on the door.

"I am sorry mi amor,please"

"Just go away Gabriel!"

"Please forgive me,I made a mistake"

"No! It was intentional. You enjoy hurting me,don't you?"

"Don't be silly,I get hurt when you are hurt,please open the door" enough with the baby attitude,he made a mistake and accepted it.

I opened the door and he suddenly hugged me.

"Please don't get angry with me Amor,I cannot stand it" I inwardly smiled but masked a frown on my face.

"Take me with you to the masjid" I broke the hug and said.

"If that's what it takes for you to forgive me then so be it. Get dressed and come with me" I quickly got dressed,I was so glad because it is not everyday that Gabriel allows Rahmata to leave home.
The last time he created an unwanted and unnecessary scene when I went out with Haleemah. Haleemah did tell me that there was something that Gabriel was not telling me but he said there was nothing. I did everything possible to make him talk but he insisted that he had nothing to disclose,at the end,I was forced to believe him and forget the topic.

There was an islamic conference in the masjid and muslims all over the country were invited. The Omaru family was specially invited...I was not referring to Mr Omaru,it was Jaafar's family. Who would invite Mr Omaru to a religious event? 'Don't judge him,he is your father in law!' My conscience spoke and I just giggled.

"I am done Gab!" I turned around in front of him as his mouth went agape.

"I have the most beautiful wife!" I smiled and we held hands before leaving for the masjid.