twenty two.

deadly games❝alliance❞

deadly games
alliance

"WHAT DO YOU THINK HATTER WANTS FROM ARISU?" you asked Chishiya who's head was on your lap, trying to read a book. This felt nice, it was probably the first time you were actually inside his room, but there was still some kind of unburied tension.

"I don't know." he answered coldly without paying you too much attention. Something was off, you were sure he had an idea about what Hatter wanted. At least some type of theory, like he always did.

"Since we came back from the meeting, I feel like you're acting weird. It's like you're mad at me or something." you opened up to him about what's been bothering you for almost an hour.

"You acted foolish back there." he said and you snorted in disbelief.

"Foolish how? For giving them my opinion?" annoyance was starting to build up inside you, Chishiya got his head up from your lap to face you.

"I liked your opinions, but I didn't like your stupid remarks. I'm not saying you weren't right, but there are some things you should be able to keep to yourself. Hatter could order the militants to kill you at any second. Do you want that?" something new could be read on his face. Worry.

"Are you worried?" you smiled completely ignoring what Chishiya just asked.

"Am I not allowed to?"

"Of course you are. It's just... surprising."

"Maybe I'm not all into this thing we have going on, but I wasn't lying when I said that I want to try it with you. Because I kind of like spending time with you..." Chishiya put some of your hair behind your ear.

"Say it again, but with more emotion this time." you teased with a large smile.

"No." he moved his eyes away from your own.

"Come on... I like it when you say it."

Chishiya ignored you, putting his head back in your lap, his gaze was now entirely placed on the book again. You felt like snatching it, but you knew he'd get it back in a second. All you could do was look at him reading with a neutral expression on his face.

"Do you still hate the idea of being married to me?" you popped the question and after he heard it, he closed the book loudly. The book was now put on his side and he moved his body to lay next to you.

"For someone who just found out her best friends died, you surely are talkative." Chishiya was staring at the ceiling.

"What can I say? It's my favorite way of coping. And I'll take that as a 'yes'." you sighed. "I don't blame you. I hate it too, but I'm not that repulsed by the idea anymore."

"Goodnight." he turned his back to you, after he turned off the lamp that gave the source of lightning.

"You're annoying."