Chapter 6

By the time 8 P.M rolled around, I was already dressed in a black spaghetti strap mini dress with a v-neck low enough to expose a good amount of my boobs. My curly hair was pulled up in a high ponytail with a few loose curly strands hanging down, accompanied by the black dangly earrings hooked in my ears. I slapped on mascara and blush, not caring to add anything else, and slipped on my favorite pair of red heels.

It'd been years since I'd gone clubbing, but there was nothing I didn't remember, and I was more than ready to drink and dance all night in order to forget...everything.

Dylan was in the parking lot waiting and slid out of the car when he saw me approaching. "Damn, you look good," he said with a wide grin as he took in my outfit.

"Why thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I winked, complimenting his red and black short sleeve floral button up where he left the top few buttons untouched, exposing a bit of his muscular chest that held a gold necklace. He paired it with black tight-fitted distressed jeans and red vans, coincidentally matching me. His long blonde hair was tied in a low ponytail, and he too wore dangly earrings, only his was gold to match the chain around his neck.

"Thank you, dumpling," he winked back as he held the car door open for me while I slid in and rolled my eyes at one of the many pet names he calls me.

"Where's Ethan?" I asked once he settled in the driver's seat.

"He's meeting us at the club."

"God, I haven't been to one in so long," I muttered.

"I know, which is why you're getting laid tonight," Dylan said, making me snort.

I looked over at him to see if he was joking, but the serious expression on his face confirmed that he wasn't.

"I am most definitely not getting laid tonight," I laughed at the thought of trying to seduce a man in bed, something I was definitely out of practice with.

"Why not?"

I shrugged, not really knowing how to answer his question. Sex was the last thing on my mind during my time away, and it's something I hadn't thought of until now. Was I truly ready to give my body up to someone else, considering the last man I did that with shattered my heart into microscopic pieces?

"Listen," Dylan reached over and squeezed my bare thigh. "The last thing I'll do is force you into something you're uncomfortable with. Lord knows Stella did that enough from what you told me but just consider it. You deserve a fresh start. You deserve to move on, and what better way to do that than to have mind-blowing sex with a sexy stranger you don't ever have to see again?"

As much as I hated to admit it, he had a point. I did deserve a fresh start after everything that happened. I needed to live a little, get out of the comfort shell I stuffed myself in, and be spontaneous for once.

"Maybe you're right," I finally whispered, not quite believing what I was saying.

"Hell yeah, I am; my girl is getting laid tonight!" Dylan shouted out the open window making me laugh. "But all jokes aside," he continued, dropping his voice. "If you have a change of heart and want to go home instead, tell me, and we'll leave immediately."

"What would I do without you?" I sighed, leaning over the armrest to plant a kiss on his awaiting cheek.

Minutes later we pulled in front of a building that had a huge blinking neon green sign that spelled 'DELUXE.'