Chapter 15

Nathaniel's P.O.V.

"Um, sir?" An annoying voice spilled through the intercom system in my office just as I was getting ready to answer an important email.

"For fucks sake," I muttered under my breath before stabbing the button. "What?"

"There's a Chloe here--"

"There's a Chloe?" A painfully family voice screeched through the intercom, interrupting my secretary. "As if he knows any other Chloe. Why am I not on the V.I.P. list, Martha? Didn't I tell you to add me the last time I was here?"

"It's Marsha ma'am, and I told you before I'm not authorized to put any name on the--"

"Send her up," I growled irritably, clicking out of my email. "And put her on the fucking list."

"Right away, sir."

I rubbed my eyes wearily before knocking back the leftover scotch in the glass sitting on my desk. "Why are you here, Chloe?" I asked roughly as soon as I heard the door open, followed by her expensive shoes clicking against the marble floor.

"Do I need a reason to visit you?" She asked seductively, dropping her fur coat on the leather couch as she sauntered over to me. Her long blonde hair was pulled in a high ponytail showing off the diamond necklace around her neck that went with the bright pink strapless dress she wore.

"Yes," I stated in a bored tone.

The only reason I kept her around was because her father was one of my loyal business partners, but now that he recently retired, I had every reason to sever all ties with her, but she proved to be useful when it mattered hence why she was currently in my face twirling her pale manicured fingers around my tie instead of in another state torturing someone else. The intense fruity scent seeping from her pores burned my nose hairs, and I fought the urge to yank her skinny arms off my body.

Chloe laughed as if I said something funny and trailed her hand down my chest, stopping at the front of my pants where my cock remained still and unhardened despite her sensual touch. "I came to remind you about the event tonight."

"What event?"

She rolled her grey eyes and began unzipping my pants. "The charity event?"

Shit. I thought that wasn't for another year or so, but at least I knew why she was here, which meant her presence was no longer required.

"Mm," I nodded, pretending to remember as I pried her fingers off my pants, zipped it back up, and stood up to walk her out. "I'll be picking you up at ten."

Chloe glared at me as she snatched her jacket and shrugged it back on. "It starts at eight."

My jaw ticked before I corrected my answer. "I'll pick you up at seven-thirty then with a new set of jewelry to go with your dress," I added, knowing shiny and expensive shit was the key to her heart.

A huge smile spread across her face at the mention of jewelry, and just like that, she forgot why she was mad. "Sounds delightful," Chloe whispered, flinging her arms around my neck and grazing her lips against my ear. "Maybe I'll even let you fuck me in the back of the limo on our way there."