The Case

Started : 24.11.2021

I sat on my bed running my hand through my messy, wet hair. I picked up my phone to see 5 missed calls from Jimin. I threw it back on my bed.

I am a crime reporter. My name is Kim Susan, if you are wondering. I am current 23 years old. I and my team do the most dangerous jobs. Well, if not 'most' dangerous, at least we do very dangerous jobs.

We expose criminals, dangerous ones, mafias, killers and drug dealers, to say the least. I have very efficient team members, who are very cooperative, and caring of course. Me and my team members are specially trained crime reporters, because we get the most dangerous cases.

We are taught how to use a gun, also taught a bit of medical stuff like stiching a wound, curing deep injuries. Why? Because we are in threat most of the time and knowing these are very important.

We conceal our true identities in front of common people, even in newspaper articles, because that may lead us to danger. We are also busy 24/7 because cases never end. I can proudly say that there is no case which hasn't been solved by us, till date.

My team consists of 4 members including me : Park Jimin, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and me, Kim Susan. We have been working for 2 years together.

I actually never dreamt of becoming a crime reporter. I always wanted to be a dancer. I learnt dance, too. I could dance gracefully, and was the pride of my parents.

I had a little sibling, a sister named Suzy. She was 2 years younger than me. So, if she would be living today, she would have been 21.

Yes, she is no more. Nor are my parents. Wonder what happened?

When I was 8, my sister 6, our house was attacked by a group of mafias. Mafia men, actually. My parents hid me and my sister in a closet in the attic, and tried to call the police. My dad knew self defense, so did my mum. But, my father was stabbed in the heart, and my mum was beheaded.

My sister became terrified and ran out of the closet. I tried to warn her, and even chased after her, but then, I saw her getting shot on the head. Before the men could do anything to me, the police came and arrested them.....

....That's how I lost the most precious people in my life.... I lost all I had...

That day onwards, I screwed up my dream of becoming a dancer and worked hard to become what I am today : a crime reporter. I didn't want other innocent people to go through what me and my family went through.

My past always inspired me to solve each and every case with full dedication and determination. My team is the most admired crime reporter team in our journal.

Me and my team had recently completed a case where I nearly died. We succeeded in that case, and the interview with the chief editor went well too, but I didn't totally recover.

It's nothing actually. I was just stabbed in my stomach repeatedly and left there to bleed out. Luckily, Hoseok found me, who called for Jimin and Namjoon, and i was saved.

I told 'it's nothing' because Namjoon had gone through worse. I'll just say torture for now; let's not go into details to maintain your sanity.

So, anyway, I am currently sitting in my room, on my bed. After I came from the shower, I changed my bandages and picked up the phone to call Jimin.

The call connected after a few rings.

"Hey Susan! You alright?" Came Jimin's worried voice.

"Yeah." I said. "I'm feeling just fine."

"That's a relief." He said. "We all were really worried about you."

"Hey it's not that it's the first time I'm hurt." I giggled.