Chapter 3

Yelena's POV

Shreech! The subway stopped and I walked out into the hustle and bustle of everyone. I needed to keep going. As I traveled out from underground I saw giant skyscrapers going as high as the clouds.

Not impressive. I've seen better.

I saw a bunch of teenage girls taking so many ridiculous pictures.

"Poser," I muttered under my breath.

I kept walking, looking for the right address. 653 Northway, Manchester. Melina pulled some strings and got me a small apartment to stay at while looking to free the last widows. I walked left and found an old dusty loft.

I rolled my eyes. And this is what I have to work with. I unlocked the door with a small silver key. The door opened with a puff of dust. The floor was scattered with glass from bottles. I walked carefully, who knows what could be in here. I looked around just to make sure I was alone, and dropped down on a moth-eaten couch. I opened my bag and pulled out my laptop. I had an email. It was Melina!

She informed me that Dreykov survived the helicopter crash. That man is hard to kill, two explosions and he still is alive. I clenched my fists. I was working so hard thinking that I would be saving so many lives. Dreykov could have already made plenty more Widows.

I started to go through the red room files looking for where the leftover widows may be.

Yolanda Copa, Aleandra Belova, wait Belova? I choked on my saliva. It couldn't be! I thought I was an only child. This couldn't be right! Even if she was my sister would she remember me? I need to call Melina.