Chapter 21

Bucky POV

The widows we sprayed earlier started to come to their senses and stop fighting.

"The dust still works, it just needs to settle in."

"But we can't wait the whole day for every Widow to be freed. We would be dead by then!" Aleandra shouted in my ear. I remembered something about when Natasha and Yelena tried to take him down before. What would be valuable enough that he would want to keep, but something people thought he lost. In the memory Yelena told me about how they had used a small ring that could give them permission to upload all the files. They left the ring behind because he didn't need it, but it was really important to him. "Allie go look for Dreykov's ring, I think he still has it."

"I'm headed there right now!" She yelled back.

Aleandra POV

I started to run faster, flipping over obstacles ready for anything. Ahead I saw Dreykov getting inside of the Academy to stay safe. I threw dagger eyes and headed for the window to his office. I used my grappling hook and flew up smashing into the window and landing in a pose.

"Dreykov, I believe you have something I want."

He turned around on his chair smiling "Oh and do I?" He let the ring shine in the light making me tense. He flicked his wrist and two Widows held me back. I wrestled trying to break free, but two against one was not always fair.

My hands started to shake, I hated being trapped like a small useless animal. In the days I was experimented with the super soldier serum I never felt free. I was always guarded, watched at, or being punished.

There is one particular day I could never forget, I had failed a very important fight and Madame B let me out into the courtyard. I was only seven then and I didnt know any better. I actually thought she might be letting me go, after all it was raining and once she pushed me out, she locked the door. I was caught off guard while younger Widows from my class started to attack me every which way, I felt helpless and frightened.

After many hours the door opened and I came back in with 5 broken ribs, a skull that nearly had a concussion, two broken bones in my arm, bruises covering all my body, blood over my hands, and worst of all a broken heart. That night all my hope was taken from me and cast aside, like a body in a bag. I swore to myself that I would never fail the Red Room again. In a few months my body healed but my heart did not.

I never had a spark of hope until the Avengers. I stopped eyes wide open, I now had to rely on others to keep going. How low had I gotten? I shook my head to clear those thoughts, I was done doing things alone. I had to eventually ask for help anyway.

"Bucky I need you now." I whispered so he could hear it.

"Oh no little Aleandra needs help! I thought I taught you better than that." Dreykov said while laughing at my struggle.

"I guess you never could get control of your Widows, always wanting them to be perfect well oiled machines." I spat back, as he slapped me across the face.

"Get your hands off her!" I heard Bucky roar as he came into the room.

With a snap of Dreykov's fingers, the widows were on bucky in no time. He walked over to his desk and took out a loaded gun. Giving me enough time to escape the Widows holding me down in a loose grip.