chapter 13

Wanda POV

I saw Aleandra blush and pointed it out to Clint and Sam.

"I think an old fire is beginning to burn. I'll talk to her about it later, or I could read her mind." I whispered while cracking a smile.

"Well someone should stay with Allie just in case they come back for her, we can talk about this after we get some much needed sleep." Sam suggested.

"I'll stay," Yelena said, stepping in front.

"No, we need more info on how the Red Room operates, Bucky hasn't seen her and it's good with her, let him stay with her." T'achall spoke up. I forgot he was there.

"Bu-"Yelena was cut off

"Yelena, we need to know what to expect, plus it's two super soldiers. What could go wrong?" I stopped her.

"Fine, but if something goes wrong call me" Yelena spoke firmly.

"You think you can handle Allie for an hour or so?" I asked him with my eyebrows raised.

"Yeah we need to catch up anyways," Bucky said while putting his arm around Aleandra's shoulder. After that we went our separate ways. I spoke up first.

"Please tell me I was not the only one that saw their reaction to one another?"

" Oh, trust me Bucky wouldn't shut up about her on the war over here. It's a little sad, even the 10 year old has a girlfriend." Sam said jokingly

"Hey I heard that!" Peter yelled from down the hall.

I still wonder how it is that we put up with each other, I mean I was sure as soon as Tony died we were going to tear each other apart.

Bucky's POV

"How have you been?" I asked when everyone left

"As well as I can. What about you being an Avenger, not to mention getting away from HYDRA." Allie asked me.

"Oh it's been good ya know. It's a hard business with the chance of dying, but we save a lot of people so it's worth it." I sat down thinking about Steve. I hoped he was doing well with Peggy. We all knew it was the best decision, but it was hard to let him go. He was the friend who stayed with me until the end of the line. I would forever owe him.

Aleandra noticed that I was in my head and spoke up.

"Hey look at me," I turned my head to face her.

"I am here and I don't plan on leaving any time soon," she added "Let's go for a walk.".

We stood up and left the apartment. The sun felt good on our faces. We followed a path to a small beach. We sat down on the sand hearing the waves crash.

"I want to give this to you." I took off my dog tag and handed it to Allie. "It's something to remember me by. I had it in the war and I want you to have it."

Aleandra POV

I saw Bucky hand me a dog tag necklace. It had all of his war information. It read:

Barnes, James Buchanan

Sergeant US Army

Super Soldier

DOB 03-10-1917

Shelbyville,YN

5"11

The other side said:

Title : Sergeant

107 Infantry

402-12-9363

Brooklyn,NY

HIA

"Why do you want me to have it if you have had it for years?" I asked out of shock the one thing he had to remember his old life he was giving to me.

"Well it'll look better on you than it ever could on me, and you'll always have a part of me with you," He said, looking me in the eye. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder.

"I've missed this, you know, being with you. At least with HYDRA we had missions together." I said while giggling lightly.

"Yeah, that was the good old days." he said, sighing.

"Remember that mission where we were stationed in Ukraine for a gala?" I said smiling remembering the memory.

"Yeah. HYDRA made you wear a long dress with heels, and you were livid." he said laughing at the memory

"I think that was the best night of my life. Except for two days ago, when we reunited." I said, sighing.

"Really, why do you say that?" he asked, moving his shoulder so that I had to look at him.

"Well whenever I'm with you I feel safe and...Free." I said while blushing. I turned and looked at the ocean.

Bucky spoke softly "Really? Cause I feel the same way...".

He lifted my chin with his index finger, making me look at him. His eye flickers between my eyes and my lips. I felt butterflies in my stomach, as we both leaned in. I felt my lips meet his and it was like the whole world stopped around us. I would never admit it but I was having my first kiss with the man I have fallen for since I went on the first mission with him. We both pulled away breathless

"You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that." Bucky said breathlessly

"I think I might,"I said looking at him

He leaned in again to give me a small peck on the lips and got up off the sand and offered me his hand.