Chapter Twenty-three

Loki's POV

We arrive inside the Bifrost, Hiemdall on his platform. There are horses on the bridge, waiting for us.

"I saw you retuning. I called for the horses. My greatest apologies princess," Hiemdall bows slightly.

"Thank you, Hiemdall."  I answer for Natalia.

We walk to the horses and I place Natalia on one. I climb on behind her and wraps my arms around her to grab the reins. I look to Thor and we ride down the bridge. Natalia stays silent and her face is void of emotion.

We arrive at the stables and I put away the horse. Natalia stays silent, watching me. I walk to her and lead her inside. We walk to the bedroom and go inside. She sits on the bed.

"Why?" She asks ever so softly.

"Why what, darling?" I ask.

"Why me?" Her voice cracks and turns to a whisper.

I sit beside her and hold her close.

"I don't know, love. I would take it all away if I could," I tell her.

She stays so quiet and I look into her eyes. They're so cold, dead. Like when she was in the cage. She's broken inside and it breaks my heart. She moves and sits by the fireplace. She stares at the flames. Thor comes in and waves me out.

"I'll be right back darling," I tell her and walk out.

"What is it Thor?" I ask.

"How is she?" He asks.

"I don't know. Its like she has no emotion. I've never seen her eyes so cold," I explain.

"Is it true? What she said to Stark earlier?" Thor asks.

I sigh, "Yes, sadly. I found her behind a false wall in fathers old room. She told me her story and I helped her. In a rather unexpected turn of events, shes a princess." I explain.

"I'm sorry brother. I'll leave you to help her then," He says and leaves.

I go back in my room to see Natalia gone from the fireplace.

"Dammit," I say to the empty air.

Lunch comes and goes but no Natalia.

She misses dinner too.

After dinner is served and cleaned up, I get worried. I knew she would want some privacy, but now I'm afraid somethings happen to her. I check around the palace, looking for her.

Shes not in the library.

Neither of our chambers.

Jane hasn't seen her.

Not in the music room.

When I see the Sou-lea I think of the night sky. She loves the night. It hits me, the gardens. The pond! I teleport to the gardens to find her laying on the pond. Gold light pulsing around her. I notice her skin has turned gold and her body shivers. It is an early spring night, but winter still has a hold.

I walk over to her quietly, so I don't scare her. I get closer and I notice her body shake, shes crying. I sit beside her and pull her into my lap. I rock back forth softly trying to calm her down.

"Its alright, love. Its fine," I whisper to her.

She stays silent for a moment, "Why do you love me?"

I look down at her tear streaked face, "Why would you ask that?"

"Its just, I'm not the prettiest girl in Asgard. Not the smartest or anything like that. So why do you love me? Y-you're a king! You can have anyone from the nine realms but you choose me. Why?" She asks softly.

"I love you because I think you're the prettiest. I think you're the smartest and everything else. You've saved my life. You believed me when everyone else was against me. I love you for all these reasons and so many more," I say.

"I almost killed you once!" She yells out.

"You where under the control of MY enemy. Its my fault he came. Besides you where going to kill Thanos because he killed me, correct? Thats all I need." I tell her honesty.

"But-"

"Shh, love. No more. Time to sleep," I wave my hand over her and she falls limp.

I pick her up and teleport to her room. I place her in bed and use my magic to change her into something comfortable. I pull the blankets over her and place a gentle kiss on her forehead. I turn around but I hear her mumble something.

"Loki..." She whispers out in her sleep. She smiles.

I chuckle and walk out. I walk back to my room and change into my evening wear. I settle in my bed and think about my love.

I can feel just how damaged she is, I was once in her position. When I was first told of my descent, I was devastated. I couldn't except the truth of what I was. It lead me to some terrible places as a result. I wake up to find I had led one of the most violent attacks on Midgard in their history.

I was lost, floating in a dark abyss. I was locked away for my crimes for the longest time. Then Thor came to me for help. I proved myself to him. Odin died not long after and Thor saw himself unfit for the throne. And, much to the horror of the council, said I would be better. Being the Crowned Prince he made me king.

I took the opportunity to better myself and suddenly I'm known as one I the best kings in Asgardian history.

Then came the day I found Natalia. I was so shocked to hear of her story, so close in resemblance of mine. We had suffered at the hands of cruel people due to our descent. We helped one another and grew to love. I could never wish for anyone else and I let sleep over come me, with my Golden Beauty center in my mind. 

---------------------------------------------
AWW!

BTW: It's 10:15 p.m as I'm uploading this.

What is it where you live?

Just curious...

Bye.