Chapter Six

Loki's POV

I walk briskly to the gardens where I know she'll be. I turn the corner to the pond she loves so much and I see her kneeling on it hugging her shoulders, bending over to see the water. Tears rolling down her face. The water is pulsing gold around her. I take a step at the water's edge, but my foot goes right through. I can't get to her.

"Please, let me help her," I whisper to the pond in desperation. I pulses blue once.

I take a step and I feel solid ground beneath me. I run to her and kneel in front of her. I lift up her chin and she has her eyes closed and pulls her head back the other way.

"Please go, I don't want you to see me like this," She whispers.

"Like what?" I ask softly.

"Nothing! Just go please!" She begs, her voice cracking.

"Show me," I say firmly.

She holds her head up and opens her eyes. I see them to be as gold as her magic.

"I'm a monster," She whispers.

"Your no monster dear, look."  I whisper and I let my eyes turn red of a frost giant.

She stops crying for a moment and we both just stare into the eyes of each other. Hers' gold and mine red.

"I'm scared, Loki." She says.

"Of what?"

"Being different, I fear the rejection. I hate the unknown," She says nervously.

"That's alright, I understand. I too have fear and doubts. I did some things I'm not proud of and that's just life. We live so long. Don't waste it worrying yourself sick," I tell her.

She stares at me and I wipe the tears from her eyes. I kiss her gently and I'm about to pull back when she pulls me to her and kisses back.

We pull back and I notice her eyes are ice blue again. I'm sure my eyes are green again.

The pond pulses a mix of blue and gold and all is right again. She smiles. I smile and put my forehead to hers and kiss her softly again.

I help her up off the water.

"Thank you Loki," She says.

"No problem dear," I say.

"But, she's right," She says her voice cracking.

"Who?"

"Zethera. I'm not beautiful, I'm not a princess. I'm a nobody," She says.

"All of that is true," I say. She dips her head.

"You're not beautiful, you're gorgeous. You're not a princess, you're a goddess. You're a nobody to you, but not to me. I love you," I say.

I love you," She says quietly.

"What was that?" I ask.

She kisses me so hard I almost fall over. She pulls back and places her forehead on mine.

"I love you too," She says and smiles.

----------------------------------------------
Alright. I know I missed last week and I'm sorry. So I've posted two chapters. Yay!

If you want, please take a second to comment or vote or whatever. I'd really be grateful.

K' bye!