Chapter Nine

Natalia's POV

I make no sound as I creep through the halls. I cannot risk calling attention to myself. I use back hallways and rooms to keep hidden and out of sight. I climb up to the roof and climb among the many ridges of the ceiling when I make it to the main battle. There are the hideous beasts attacking the good soldiers of Asgard. I see one young warrior struggling and potion myself above a few of the monsters. I make small blades appear and attach to my wrists. I drop down and thrust the blades into the heads of two of the strange creatures. I summon my longer  blade and take out the third.

"Thank you," The young man says before going back to the fight.

I continue to slash, cut, and dodge. I soon see Loki fighting one with his back to me. One tries to sneak behind him. He kills the one in front of him. And before the one in the back stabs him, I jump on its back and slash it's throat open. He looks at me in startled surprise.

"I told you to stay hidden," He say before shooting another with his staff.

"Damsel in distress, not really my thing," I say and flip onto another one to take it out.

I just jump from one to another killing everything in my path. I see one unlike the others. He's very large and cruel looking. He sees me and his eyes burn a hole in my very being. I whip around and try to thrust my blade into him but he dodges and grabs my arm. He twists it and it makes a sicking crack. I scream out. He grabs my top and lifts me.

"So you're the one I've heard all about! The last one of Talahgard who just happens to be its princess," He says with fake enthusiasm.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice dangerously low.

"Ooh, you're spirited. It only makes them funner to break," He says his voice turning to ice. His hand glows purple and I feel my insides churn. My mind suddenly exploded in agony and I cringe with tears running down my face.

"Go to Hel," I manage to spit out. The pain stops and I let out a breath.

He suddenly throws me to the ground with such force I thing I broke my leg. I let out a blood curdling scream. He lifts me by me neck. I am struggling to breath. His grip gets tighter and I feel my eyes start to close. A blast of light suddenly hits him and he goes flying and drops me. I yelp in pain and try to breath. I try and hold myself up but crumple back to the ground.

"Goodbye for now dear Natalia," He says and fades away with the rest of his army.

Loki drops his staff and drops to my side. He picks up my head and puts it in his lap.

"Are you alright dear?" he asks.

"Yes, except the broken bones and my crushed trachea." I whisper.

"I'm so sorry love, this is my fault," He says and a tear escapes his eye. I use the hand that was cradling my broken wrist with to reach up and it wipe away.

"No its not, I disobeyed you. Its my fault," I whisper.

I suddenly feel the world go spinning and my vision blurs. My head is buzzing. I hear Loki call my name but it is muffled. Maybe I'll just..... sleep.

Loki's POV

Her eyes glaze over and start to flutter close. I shake her and shout her name trying to keep her awake. She soon goes limp in my arms. Thor soon runs up.

"I came as swift as I could brother, I'm sorry I couldn't make it in time. Oh gods, is she dead?" I hear him ask.

"No! Help me get her to the infirmary," I yell and pick her up gently.

Thor clears a path from the bodies and opens door until we get to the infirmary. The lead healer, Eir, looks towards me and bows.

"This is not the time for formalities," I say and hold up Natalia.

"Oh! Set her on the table here," She says and gestures to the table with light underneath.

I place her down gently and the many Eir takes a studies her and her results.

"I have healed all of her physical wounds but I cannot pull her out of the sleep she's in I'm sorry my king," She says, bows and tends to the other wounded.

I look at her, her pale face, her once rosy cheeks, her golden hair. I wave my hand over her and her clothes morph into a soft, long, flowing dress. She looks like an angel. I ask one of the healer if I can take her to her bed and she said yes.

I scoop up my angel in my arms and teleport to her room. I place her in her bed and brush a piece of golden hair out of her face. Wake up soon my dear.

---------------------------------------------

Whose the mystery jerk?

I bet you know.

PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT MY UPDATES!!!
I told you about this last chapter. I need feedback please!!! I may post on Saturdays if that's what you readers want. Let me know.

Tanks a lot.

Bye bye.