Chapter Three

Loki's POV

Dinner has come to a close and everyone was saying goodbye. I excuse myself and walk over to find Natalia. I find her standing towards the corner talking with Jane. I took a minute to survey her. She is very polite and she knows how to handle herself in a high class crowd. I smile and walk over to her.

She sees me but before she can say anything Zethera comes between Natalia and I. Zethera is a well known ambassador's daughter.

"King Loki," She says curtsying.

"Hello Zethera," I say dryly, she is always trying to get me interested in her. No matter who she gets in the way of or who she has to be rude to.

"So my King, have you thought about my proposal?" She asks.

"Yes, and the answer is no," I say.

I brush past her and walk to Natalia, Zethera scoffs and walks away.

"I apologize for her. Jane, can I steal Natalia for a while?" I ask.

"Of course. I'll go find Thor," She says and walks off.

"Want to leave?" I ask her.

"Isn't the king suppose to stay with his guests?" She asks.

"Well yes, but are you going to to tell the king no?" I ask with a smirk.

"I guess not," She says with a giggle.

"Come," I say and hold out my arm for her to take.

She grabs my arm and I lead her out of the dining hall and into the gardens. She looks around and her eyes light up.

"Oh Loki! This is amazing!" She exclaims.

"I knew you would like it," I say.

She goes around and starts to look at everything. The flowers and trees. She is like a small child. One of the flowers is in her hair. I smile. She kneels in front of one in particular.

"This is the Frost Fire Orchid. It is only found in small parts of the realms. Many say its the rarest flower in the nine realms," I tell her. She nods, listening to every word. She gets closer and the fire part gives a flourish.

"It likes you," I say and she giggles.

"I like it too," She says and I give a small laugh.

"I want to show you something," I say and help her to her feet. I make my cape and helmet disappear. I take her hand and lead her to a secluded part of the gardens. A small pond is in front of us.

"This is a very special pond. It has Asgardian like emotions. If it likes you, it will let you..." I trial off and step onto the water like its solid ground. "It wont let you fall," I say.

She kneels in front of it and takes the flower out of her hair and places it gently in the pond. It gives a golden glow. She smiles and stands. She carefully places her foot on it and it glows under her feet as she steps onto it. She looks at me and smiles. With each step it glows gold around her feet. She points to my feet and I notice it glows gold as well.

We walk around on the water talking.

"Do you want to know a secret?" I ask.

"What?"

"The pond never liked Thor much. Every time he tried to walk upon it he fell through," I say with a laugh. She laughs with me.

I pull her to me and start to dance. She laughs and moves with me. Our feet are now a mix of gold light.

"Natalia?" I ask.

"Yes?"

"Will you do me the honor of accompanying me to the ball tomorrow?" I ask.

"Of course. Loki," She says softly and kisses my cheek. She blushes and starts walking off the lake and back to the castle.

"What do you think?" I look down to the water. It glows gold.

"Me too," I whisper.

----------------------------------------------
Heyooooo!

Is anyone actually reading this?

No... Ok.

If you are don't worry.

I'm not gonna be one of those people that say,

"At 100 reads I'll post the next chapter!"

That's kinda a jerk move.

If you do this please stop. We HATE that. I'm not trying to be rude, but just as a little FYI.

So yeah.

See ya.