Chapter Twenty-Six

Natalia's POV

I stand straight and look around, my eyes widen at the beast I see heading our way. Its massive!

"Loki!" I yell and point, he turns to look. Loki takes stance and readies for the beast. 

"What are you doing!?!" I scream at him.

"Trust me!" He shouts back. I brace for impact but before it hits it is trapped in a green glow. I smile for a second before pulling people to safety. I pull away the last one as Loki struggles to keep it contained.

"Anna! Annabelle! Where are you!?" A frantic woman screams. I run up to her.

"Whose Anna?" I ask.

"My young daughter! I can't find her. the rush separated us!" She says while tears stream down her face.

I look around and spot a blond little girl on the ground. Her knee appears to be scraped and she is crying. Loki's magic starts to flicker.

"Loki!" I yell. He turns and I point to the little girl. He looks at me.

I shake my head knowing what he's going to try and do. I rush towards him and he mouthes "I'm sorry" before he releases the beast. He dives out of the way as the worm smashes into the ground. He starts to run as the beast chases him. I try to keep up. He scoops the small girl off the ground and runs towards the building. He nears the wall. He's not turning. Why isn't he turning?! He throws the little girl at us at the last second and I catch her. I hear a crash and I look up and put the girl down. The beast has created a large dent in the building. It lays dead as black pools around it. I drop to my knees.

"LOKI!!!" I scream.

"Yes, dear?" I hear and I whip around.

"Loki?" I ask, desperation in my tone.

"Yes?" He asks and I hug him tightly.

"I thought I lost you!" I say.

"You can't rid of me that easily," He says, I laugh slightly.

He drops down on one knee in front of little Anna, "Now, lets see about that knee."

She sniffles as he puts his hand on her knee. His hand glows green and she stops crying. He lifts his hand to reveal her healed knee. She stands and looks at him. He puts his hand behind his back and summons a small daisy. He gives it to her and she giggles. She hugs him and he looks taken back. He then puts his arms around her small body. He lets go and runs back to her mother.

"Thank you. Both of you," She says and hugs little Annabelle.

He jogs over to me and I smile at him.

"What?" He asks.

"When did you become so good with children?" I ask.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He mutters. Loki summons the Chi'tari ship back to us and we climb on.

We fly around, looking for stranded people. We find some and bring them to safety. Killing any Chi'tari that get in our way.

We pass a building and hear a scream. Loki turns the ship and we head towards the sound.

A woman being pursued by the Chi'tari is nearing the edge of the roof she is on. One of them shoots at her but she jumps out of the way, barely dodging the deadly blast. They shoot again and in her attempt to dodge, she is knocked off the roof. She screams as she plummets to the streets below.

Loki sends us flying after her. I use my magic to summon a cord to my waist and to the ship.

I nod at Loki and dive off after the falling woman.

I catch her out of the air and she clings to me for dear life. The cord becomes taunt and our falling ceases.

Loki lowers us to the ground and I release her.

"Thank you," She says and runs off.

I climb back aboard the ship and we continue flying. We seemed to have gotten most people off buildings and away from the Chi'tari.

I hear a screech and the ship is suddenly tipped. I am thrown off the side and I crash into a building.

I look to the window and I barely dive out of the way as Loki,with the Chi'tari on the ship, crash through the window.

We make quick work of the warrior and proceeded to go to the ship.

I feel a sharp pain in my hip and I wince. Loki noticed my pain and looks me over. He pulls a scrap of bloody fabric away to reveal glass in my side.

"This will hurt," He says and I don't have long to react before he pulls it from my side.

I cry out and he quickly heals me with magic. I slump over, out of breath.

"Are you alright?" He asks worriedly.

"Yes."

We climb back on the ship and fly out again. I look to Loki, "They are still coming. We need to cut off the source."

"I know, love. But I do not know where Thanos is, and even if I did we still have many of his minions to take care of." He yells over the noise of the wind.

A sudden purple blast of energy sends us both flying. We hit the ground and slide across the broken street. Loki rushes over to me and helps me up.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

I brush myself off, "I'm fine, what was that?"

I hear a laugh that makes my senses stand on edge. A figure lands in front of us. I clench my teeth.  

"I heard you were looking for me..." He says darkly.

"Thanos."

---------------------------------------------

*insert dramatic dun dun daaaah here*