Chapter One

Loki's POV

I was going through my usual duties as king. Making sure the realms do not go to war with each other and minuscule problems within the kingdom. I sigh and stand up.

I make my way down the many corridors to my father's room. I push the door open and step inside. After father passed and I took over, things have flourished. Asgard is in a golden age. The only problem is I'm alone. No real friends to share this time with. Thor spends most of his time with his Midgardian companion. I run my fingers along the many books on the book shelf when my finger catches on one of the many novels. I look to see the book tilted slightly forward now. I pull down the rest of the way and the bookcase opens. Had my father kept this a secret his whole life? Even to mother?

I go inside and come to a spiral staircase going downwards. I descend down the many stairs.

I come to a long hallway with torches lighting the walls. How had I never known about this? I am the God of Lies after all, you would think I would know of a false wall within the palace.

I grab a torch off the wall and make my way down the large corridor. I get to the end and when I step in the room it lights up. I snuff out the torch and set it down. I see in the middle a large crate of energy, magic in fact. Very powerful, who ever cast this was extremely practiced and powerful to hide this amount of strong energy from me. But what really strikes me odd is the girl inside. She appears to be asleep but when I get closer I hear.

"Just leave me alone Odin, please I beg," The girl says in a broken and small voice. I stay quiet.

"Oh, the silent treatment? Stop tormenting me, just get it over with," She trails of into a whisper.

"I'm sorry if you where expecting someone else," I finally say.

She shots up and turns to look at me. I finally get a look at her. She has dim blue eyes and her blond hair is very dirty and her hands and feet are attached to the floor of the crate.

"Who are you?" She asks.

"I could ask the same of you," I say walking closer to the cage.

"Well I asked you first," She says and I crack a small smile.

"My name is Loki," I say.

"Oh, your Odin's son are you not?" She asks. I nod my head slightly.

"Yes, I still don't know who you are," I tell her.

"My name is Natalia ," She responds.

"Okay Natalia, why are you in that cage?" I ask.

"It's a long, painful story. Are you sure you want to hear?" She asks.

"I have time," I say and sit in a nearby chair. She sighs.

"A long time ago there was ten realms, not nine. The tenth one was Talahgard. That was my home. The Asgardians and my people never really got along. A dispute millennias ago broke us apart. Well my planet was very old. It was going to implode. Everyone was so sure we could stop it. My parents weren't so sure. They where going to send my older sister off the planet into space in hopes of saving her incase something goes wrong. The planet was starting to cave in on itself and before my parents could send my sister off. She put me in the ship instead and sent me off. I was the only surviver of that day. I was just a child. I was found by an Asgardian patrol and brought to Odin, when they learned of my origin Odin locked me up here. When your mother died Odin got upset, angry, ...violent. He demanded to tell him how to bring her back. You need to understand my people where more advanced when it cane to the subject of life. He thought we had the secret to reviving life. Even if we did I wouldn't know. I was just a child. He tried to ... to... force... it out of me. He struck me sometimes till I was blue and black. After a while I was pretty sure he just came down here to release his anger. But mostly he left me to the dark and silence. It's maddening. I haven't seen anyone in years. The only reason I'm still living is because this cage keeps me alive. Heals me if I get to broken or gives me the feeling of food if I'm starving, but it can't heal mental wounds. Thats why I'm here. I told you it was long and painful didn't I. You Asgardians can be a stubborn bunch," She tells me and her feeble attempt at a joke makes her crack a broken smile and give a dry laugh.

The whole thing hits me like a wall. My father did this to a girl as sweet as this. She could be filled with so much hatred, but she's trying to crack jokes when I pry on her life story. I touch the barrier and it comes down at my command.

"H-how did you do that? Only the king can do that," She say with shock and tears all over her face.

"Odin is not with us anymore," I say. I walk to her and remove her chains.

She tries to stand but stumbles, I pick her up, surprised at how light she is. I teleport to my bedroom ad lay her in my bed.

"Sleep," I say and wave my hand over her forehead and she falls into a deep sleep.

I check over her injuries and they are numerous. I heal anything I can, but as she said nothing can truly help mental wounds. I sit on a plush chair and pull out my current book. I fall asleep staring at the words.

----------------------------------------------

Whoa! New book! What do ya' think?
I always liked the idea of another realm so here you go! This is my first book I will finish. There have been other attempts at writing that didn't go so well, but I think this story will go far. Oh well. It's only the first chapter. I post once a week on Wednesdays.

I hope you enjoy this idea!