Chapter Twenty-Seven

Natalia's POV

"Loki. Natalia. Nice to see you again," He says smugly.

"What do you want Thanos?" I ask harshly.

"Oh. The atmosphere, for a special... project of mine." He says.

"We wont allow it," I say.

"Oh come on you two! Natalia, you have been through every kind of torture by the hand of these animals. Loki, you almost ruled. Help me! By my side, we will be unstoppable!" He says, a smirk playing on his face.

"No chance in hellhiem," I spit. My head gear unfolds and covers my mouth and nose.

"Very well," He says.

He charges at us and Loki blocks the attack with his scepter. I stab at him with my magic blade. Thanos shoves Loki back and counters my blade. He slashes and I duck. I whip around and rip my blade across his armor. I rip through and I see purple blood surface. He roars and swings at me. He slices open the skin on my arm and I scream.

He raises his blade again but before he can do anything, he is shot with a blast of energy that sends him flying back.

He regains balance and charges again. I look at Loki.

"Throw me," I say.

"Excuse me!?" He asks.

"Throw. Me." I demand. He shakes his head but cups his hands.

When Thanos nears us he throws me in the air. Thanos approaches Loki, but before he can get to him I dive to the ground with a blast of gold. Thanos goes flying back again. He roars so loud, I cover my ears. Chi'tari start to gather around, one screeches and charges us.

Loki and I get ready as they near us. Loki summons clones and stars to shoot the the creatures. One flies overhead and I grab onto the bottom of the ship. I swing up and take out the driver. The ship starts to fall and I bound onto the next one.

I leap from ship to ship, driving the small blades from my wrist in their heads. The ships drop and explode. Loki dives and avoid the explosions. 

There are two Chi'tari on on ship and as I go to jump on, it whips around and hits me.

I fly back and as if time had slowed, I throw out a cable that attaches to the ship. It pulls taunt and I swing around to the front of the ship.

I kill the first and I shove the second off, the beast falling to its doom.

One of the giant creatures nears me and I steer the ship towards it. I set the ship to self destruct and the beast opens it's wide jaws.

I leap off just as the ship is consumed. I hear a deadening boom and the creature falls limp. I continue to wipe out the ships.

I kill another only this time I take control. I fly back down to Loki as jump off. The ship goes crashing in the distance.

We stand together and Thanos glares at us. He stares with such hatred I feel my soul start to burn. He throws blast of purple energy at us and I feel my eyes turn gold as we throw back out magic to counter.

He gets closer and our magic becomes more intense.

Thanks suddenly stops and swings at us again. I dodge and slash at him. I cut his leg, he yells out. Loki comes from beside me and blasts him back. He slams into a building, creating a huge dent.

He lays limp and I hold my breath. I think he's... dead.

He's dead.

"We did it! We won!" I yell. Loki picks me up and spins me around.

The other Avengers come to us.

"Its not over yet," Bruce says as his mortal self again. He points to the Empire State building with the device on top. It activates and shoots a blue pulse in the air.

"NATALIA!!!" I hear someone scream. I am suddenly pushed out of the way. I look up.

Loki looks down and back up to me with a knife in his stomach. I run to him and grab him as he falls. I lay him down and pull the knife out slowly.

My hands glow gold as I try, I'm vain, to use my magic to heal him. I look up at Thor desperately.

"I-I can't heal this! I-its enchanted! Thor! Help me!" I scream and Loki's breathing shallows.

Thor runs to us and drops beside him. He rips off his cape and wraps it around him. I press against the wound.

"I told you to join me," Thanos says.

"Leave us!" I yell.

I summon a protective shield around us to keep Thanos from causing more damage.

I turn back to my love. Loki turns paler, almost grey. I prop him up against a rock.

"G-go," Loki struggles out.

"Shh. Don't talk," I press my forehead against his.

"I-I love you," He says. Loki looks at me.

"I love you too," Tears fall from my eyes. Knowing this could be my last seconds with the man I love.

I hear a laugh.

My blood boils and I feel untamed rage. This is all Thanos's fault! The torture! The hallucinations! All of it! And now he thinks he can rip Loki away from me and LIVE!?!? No way in HEL!!!

---------------------------------------------

Yeah, yeah. It's short. I know.

But....

HUGE BATTLE CHAPTER NEXT!!!

The final showdown.

OOOOOHHHH NOOOOO!!!!