Chapter Thirty-Six

Natalia's POV

Loki and I decided to spend a day in town, saying hello to the people and such.

I was getting ready in my chambers, trying to find something suitable to wear. I run my fingers along the many choices and stop at one randomly. I pluck it from the rest and take a look.

It's a light blue dress that drapes to the floor gracefully, it's blue sleeves hang from my shoulders to my wrist. My forearm exposed. It'll do nicely.

I slip into it and I pull on some sandals that lace up my calf. I pull my hair to the side and braid it loosely. I apply some make-up before leaving my chambers.

I see Loki leaning on his door, waiting patently for me. He sees my approach and smiles. I wrap my hand around his arm and he leads me outside.

We make it out the palace doors and a wind sweeps through, chilling me slightly. I summon a long, blue cloak that wraps around me. I smile up at Loki as we walk.

Loki and I walk into town and people greet us happily. Children bustle about and people talk and buy from the shops.

A sudden smell assaults my senses and I sigh, "Do you smell that?"

Loki smells the air and smiles, "Follow me."

He leads me to a small shop where the amazing sent grows stronger. We walk in and someone comes out from the back.

"Oh! My king!" The young man says surprised. Loki smiles and nods at him.

"Hello Darnell, have you made more of those wonderful cakes? We could smell them from the last street over," Loki says. The baker nods excitedly.

"Oh yes! They've just come from the oven. Would you like some?" He asks. Loki nods with a smile.

Darnell disappears into the back and comes back out with two small cakes on a platter. The smell alone makes my mouth water.

"Thank you Darnell. Oh! Natalia, this is Darnell. The best baker in Asgard."

"Hello, this place smells wonderful!"
Darnell smiles and Loki hands him a small pouch of coins.

"Oh! Thank you my king but this is much more than the cakes are worth!" Darnell says. Loki holds his hand up.

"Keep it. You deserve it. But can we take a couple more of those cakes before we go?" Darnell nods and comes back with a bundle of cloth. Loki takes them and nods to him.

"Thank you Darnell," Loki says.

"Anytime, my king." He says.

We walk out and I bite into the soft cake, I sigh with delight. I look up to Loki, "These are wonderful!"

"Are they not? My mother used to get me cakes from there when we went into town," Loki explains and I smile.

We finish up the desert and keep walking, stopping to look at things every once in a while.

Loki suddenly appears with a rose in his hand and I smile as I take it.

"Where did you get this?" I ask as I smell the delicate petals.

"Remember that florets vender a few stops back...?" He starts.

"You didn't steal it!" I gape at him.

"No! No, I bought it. Just when you weren't looking." He says and I relax.

"Alright, thank you." I say. Loki kisses the top of my head.

As we walk I suddenly feel a small tug on my cloak. I turn to see a little boy looking at me with wide eyes.

"Oh! Princess! I'm sorry, I didn't know that was you." He says shyly.

I bend down to his level, "It's quite alright. Is something wrong?"

"I can't find my mom," He says sadly.

I stand up and take his hand, "We'll find her. What's her name?"

"Nola," He says I look to Loki. He pauses.

"Does you mother happen to be a seamstress?" Loki asks and the boy nods hurriedly.

"Alright, come on." Loki says and smiles at the boy as we walk through town.

The suns are starting to set and the streets start to become scarce of people.

We make it to another part of the city and Loki points to a shop. A worried-stricken mother stands at its door.

"Mother!" The boy cries out and the woman's head snaps our way. Relief dawns her face and she runs to her sun and scoops him up in a hug.

"Don't scare me like that Tareq," She says. She looks to us and her eyes widen.

"My king! Princess!" Shock written in her face.

"They helped me find you, mother!" Tareq says happily.

"Thank you so, so much," She says. I smile at her.

"We were happy to help," Loki says.

"Is there anything I could do to repay you?"

"Don't fret, it was not a problem. But thank you," I say. She nods and smiles before bidding us goodbye and disappearing into her shop.

We walk along the streets, the sky bright with the colors of dusk. Some stars peak out at us as we walk.

The palace comes back into view and we step into its walls. I rest my head on Loki's shoulder.

He walks me to my chambers and I kiss him before slipping inside. I change into my night wear and slip into bed. I smile at the memories of today.

I flip over and I gasp as a small bundle of cloth lays on the pillow next to me. I pull it open and a small cake lies inside. I smile widely and I know Loki is responsible for this.

I love him so, so much. And I love this cake as well...

---------------------------------------------
Yay! Updateeeeeee!!!