[5] Thunder

Recap:

"Oi! Suna!"

" 'Samu that's not fair!"

"Atsumu that's cheating!"

"Huh?! No it's no- cough cough"

The third years were still relaxing in the living room as they were having a little chat. It was a calm conversation they were having when they heard excited shouting coming from the twins' room.

"Sounds like they're having fun." Aran said.

"Sounds like Atsumu is well now." (Y/n) added.

On with Chapter 5:

3RD PERSON POV

10 years ago... (Miya twins were around 7 years old)

Waking up with a jolt, (Y/n) opened her eyes and was blankly staring at nothing as her brain was slowly waking up.

"Why am I awake?" was her first thought while she looked at the digital alarm clock on her nightstand. "Why am I awake at 2.19 AM?"

Her thoughts were then answered when a loud roar of thunder was heard. "Ah, so that's why."

She repositioned herself and was about to go to sleep when suddenly knocking was heard from her bedroom door.

knock knock knock

She waited for a few seconds, seeing if the knocking would come back and if it was only her imagination or someone was actually at her door at 2 in the morning.

Sure enough, the knocking came back.

knock knock knock... "Nee-san?"

The doorknob twisted and the door opened slightly to reveal a young Atsumu looking into the room. "Nee-san?" he called again, unsure if his sister was awake in the first place.

(Y/n) got up from her bed and stopped by the door. "Atsumu? What's wrong?" she asked but didn't receive an answer. Atsumu stared at her as if to communicate with her through their minds.

"Can't sleep?" she guessed and he nods.

"Thunder?" he nodded again.

With that, she opened the door wider to allow him inside. He quickly made his way into the room with his blanket and pillow already in hand, as if he knew that his older sister would allow him to sleep together with her in the first place.

Which he was.

Closing the door silently, (Y/n) turned back to her bed to see that Atsumu had already made himself comfortable in her bed. His eyes were still open as he was waiting for her to join him.

She slipped under the blanket and kissed his forehead. "Good night, Atsumu."

"Good night, nee-san."

Meanwhile, the other twin just woke up from the loud thunder. At the same tine, he felt that he needed to empty his bladder urgently.

He carefully climbed down the bunk bed and walked through the dimly lit hallway to the bathroom. After a few minutes, he was done and exited the bathroom and went back to his shared bedroom.

On the way to the bunk bed's ladder, he realized that Atsumu was not in his bed.

Going to where he first thought Atsumu would go to in the case of a thunderstorm, he found his twin sleeping soundly beside his older sister.

Osamu quickly yet quietly went back to his room, took his own pillow and blanket, and went back to (Y/n)'s room.

...

The next morning, Mrs. Miya went to the twins' room to wake them up, only to find their beds empty.

She checked the bathroom, it was empty.

Not in the kitchen too.

Not the backyard either.

Finally going (Y/n)'s room to ask about them, she knocked a couple of times before opening the door.

Before she could ask though, the question got stuck in her throat.

(Y/n) was sleeping comfortably in the middle of her bed. Whereas Atsumu and Osamu were off to the sides, barely staying on.

Atsumu's arm was sticking out to the side, his blanket on the floor but his pillow was still under his head.

Osamu's blanket was on the floor too. He was hugging his pillow in a fetal position and had drooled on it.

The mother quickly grabbed the camera and tip-toed her way into the room and took a picture of the scene.

This was definitely going into the memory book.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※