[12] Karasuno

Izumi: i just realized there isnt gonna be much y/n since its their time to ✨ shine ✨

i'll be honest. i did not expect this story to grow so quick. this was supposed to be a side project that i thought only a handful would like, but i was wrong. this is not a handful at all.

but anyways, thanks for reading :)

i have yet to figure out how to end the story but i'll figure it out when the time comes.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Soul Swap Delayed Spike!"

Since the court wasn't that noisy now, people could hear Atsumu exclaim his "special move" that consists of him and his brother running up to the net, crossing paths before jumping, and then doing each other's role instead of their own.

"Did the setter spike?" kind of comments were heard from the spectators and the twins went to the back of the court to wave at them.

"Tsumu, that was cringe!" the blonde heard his sister shout.

"Shut up!"

On with Chapter 12:

3RD PERSON POV

"All right, the match between the Hyogo representative, Inarizaki High School, and the Miyagi Prefecture representative Karasuno High School, is about to begin!"

The players were lined up at the back of their court and they greeted each other. "Let's play!" they shouted. The coaches and managers were sitting on the bench at the side and the crowd was clapping to show their support for the boys.

Both teams gathered around their coach for a short last minute briefing and a coin was tossed to decide who was going to serve.

...

The coin toss had decided Inarzaki to be the ones to serve first. Atsumu took the ball from the referee and went to the back of the court and the school's marching band played their music. <video at the top of the chapter>

Over the loud playing, the referee blew the whistle and signaled to Atsumu that it was time to serve. The blonde slowly lifted his hand above his head and balled in a fist, stopping the band mid playing.

People new to Inarizaki's ways were either surprised and/or amazed as they stared at the scene.

After mentally preparing himself, Atsumu threw the ball upwards and took a few steps forward before jumping.

"Ready..."

Hearing someone talk amongst the silence, (Y/n) whipped her head to the spectators and widened her eyes. "Oh no..." she said when she saw a pair of female twins holding up matching signs with the Miya twins' names on it. "...go!"

Atsumu jump served the ball over and thankfully it was a service ace that still landed in Karasuno's court, but just barely in the corner. The ball was hit with so much force that before Karasuno had realized it, their opponent had already gained 1 point.

"Nice serve!" the supporters cheered and clapped their noisemakers together for the Hyogo team. Meanwhile, two certain people were squealing when their favourite player had looked at them, only to stop when they noticed the nasty glare targeted towards them.

Atsumu served again but this time it landed right outside of the court. "Damn it!" he exclaimed in frustration before turning his anger to his brother who insulted him instead, "Lame." "Shut it! My serve toss got a bit away from me."