[21] Growth

Izumi: trying to speed things up bc we're almost finished with the match oh lord i havent plan anything for after the match

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Atsumu." Kita called for the setter the moment the team started resting at the benches. "You... seeing Karasuno's setter serve earlier has made you want to do a spike serve, hasn't it?" the setter flinched, " "Man, it's so much cooler just blasting a spike serve." "I'm getting pretty sick of jump floaters, too." (Y/n) laughed sheepishly

"Your jump floaters are scoring right now. You've been trying to crush their libero, so see it all the way through."

"Got it!"

On with Chapter 21:

3RD PERSON POV

"The ultimate challengers, Inarizaki. The unknown veterans, Karasuno. Which team will reach the summit first?"

The third set starts off with Atsumu serving and as usual, he stopped he band playing music from the spectator stands. He threw the ball up and did a strong serve. Karasuno called out on the ball but it curved behind them and landed inside the court.

Atsumu cheered and his older sister did the same from the benches at the side. The sight of his service aces never failed to amaze her.

"Just how many is he going to get today?! The big time server, Miya Atsumu! He's starting off the set with a service ace!"

"I totally thought it was out, too."

However, the amazement faded away when Atsumu's next serve hit the net and barely went over to Karasuno's court. Nishinoya dove to receive the ball and Asahi spiked it against the blockers hand, making it bounce out.

"Karasuno manages to get the Ace - Ojiro to touch the ball first!"

But Inarizaki attacked back with their own freak quick.

"That's a super fast quick!"

In the next rally, Osamu set the ball towards Aran who unfortunately got blocked by Kageyama and a point was given to the latter.

"And he's shut down! First Year Kageyama Tobio stopped the Ace Ojiro Aran all on his own! They've learned from the second set! That seems like what Karasuno's break point is getting across."

'This is bad.' (Y/n) fidgeted in her seat as she stared at the intense match. Karasuno seems to be a faster learner than she thought as they were figuring out how to counter as the game continued.

First it was shutting down Aran, then it was managing to receive Suna's spikes.

Sigh...

(Y/n)'s thoughts were interrupted when the coach suddenly stood up from the bench, "This ain't good." he said before calling for a timeout.

The players gathered around the bench and (Y/n) decided to ask their middle blocker, "Hey, Suna." the man turned to face her, "Did you fight with their middle blocker?" knowing how Suna is during matches, this wasn't an odd thing to ask, especially from the way he and Tsukishima had talked to each other just now.

Suna was silent for a couple of seconds before giving a small smile, "No, just a friendly talk." he said and it made the manager's eyebrow raise.

...

"Karasuno managed to limit Miya Atsumu to one serve!"

Nishinoya had received Atsumu's signature float serve, the float serve he has been working hard on since the start...