[17] Set 2

Izumi: soz

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

The ball was passed to Atsumu to set for Suna who faced 2 blockers in front of him. It didn't stop him though when he did a cross shot into Daichi, making him do an overhead receive.

Asahi passed the ball to Tanaka who had not much option when going against a 3-man block and Aran supporting from the back. He tried to score through a gap in between the blockers and the edge of the court, but sadly, it landed right outside the line.

On with Chapter 17:

3RD PERSON POV

The score was now 25-25. Due to Tanaka's missed shot, the point went to Inarizaki instead.

"And they're tied yet again! Can Karasuno make it through this?"

"Lucky!" Atsumu cheered until Osamu went up to him. "Sure was..." he flinched, "You owe me some damn pudding. Not the kind that's sold in three packs."

"Sorry!" the blonde apologized but his brother continued talking, "You should apologize to nee-san too." Osamu pointed to (Y/n) who was sitting on the benches using his thumb. Atsumu looked towards her and she was definitely looking very upset and disappointed at his earlier actions as her eyebrows were furrowed and arms were crossed across her chest.

His first instinct was to do an almost 90-degree bow towards her since he couldn't shout his apology across the court.

(Y/n) saw it and sighed at her brother's antics and used one of her hands to shoo Atsumu back into the game.

Her focus then shifted to Karasuno's Tanaka instead, noticing how stiff he had become. "The pressure is getting to him.." she thought as she watched his teammates worry about him too.

"Come at me!" he shouted but the ball wasn't sent his way. He didn't seem affected though, or it seemed like it.

Ginjima sent a serve towards Karasuno and it accidentally touched the net before going over it. Since Kageayama was at the front line, he was the one to touch the ball first, which was unfortunate being the setter. Only Tanaka was left at the front.

Tsukishima went to receive the ball and Tanaka called for it. "Left!" he shouted but the blond decided to pass it to their Ace instead. Asahi spiked the ball and Osamu, Suna, and Ginjima went to block it. Unfortunately for them, the Ace managed to get the ball in between them and the net, getting a point through a waterfall.

"Karasuno is still managing to inch away from Inarizaki's reach!" the announcer said as the score became 25-26.

It's not like she didn't see Tanaka not getting the ball. It was clear that he felt dejected that his teammate didn't heed his call. But it's not like Tsukishima's play was wrong either. But it did hurt (Y/n) a little when she saw him standing sadly at the side.

It quickly disappeared though as quickly as when the little giant called Hinata Shoyo bounced over to him and talked enthusiastically about something that made the spiker feel better.

In the next rally, Tsukishima served the ball over and Aran saved it. Hinata continued commit blocking Osamu but the latter paid no mind to it. Atsumu set and Osamu jumped. He was about to hit the ball when Tanaka suddenly joined Hinata in the block.

It had caught Osamu off guard and one could barely see him flinch and slightly change his stance to direct his spike towards the back instead, where Daichi was positioned at.

He passed the ball to Kageyama to set. Tanaka shouted for the ball again, this time it sounded louder.

Hinata jumped at the net but Suna didn't fall for the middle blocker's decoy. He instead focused on Tanaka but was too late when the latter cross-spiked the ball with so much force that even Akagi wasn't able to react fast enough to catch it. He screamed in excitement the moment he had landed back onto the ground. His team joined in on the cheering too.

With the score now 25-27, Karasuno had won the set.

"The old contenders swoop in to take the first set from the ultimate challengers, Inarizaki! Who knows where the match will go from here?"

The players headed back to the benches to rest and (Y/n) got up for her manager duties. When Atsumu made eye contact with his sister, his first instinct was to bow, again. "I'm sorry." that's all he said.

...

In the next set, Atsumu did a float serve and Nishinoya failed to receive it. He has been targeting the libero since the set started and Karasuno has decided to take a timeout.

"It always feels great when you get a service ace against a strong opponent." the blond drank from his water bottle and his teammates were unimpressed with his words. His own siblings were at the back, ignoring whatever he said as they had their own conversation.

"There he goes." Suna said and the setter was confused. "Atsumu is amazingly, incredibly thoughtless at times."

"Huh?! That's so rude!"

When timeout had ended, the referee blew the whistle and all the players went back to the court.

Atsumu went back to taunting Nishinoya across the court before going to the serving line and stopping the marching band's music. He sent a serve over again and Nishinoya went to receive it. Instead of the ball bouncing off of his arms, it just.. Fell?

Atsumu raised his fist in the air as if to cheer silently.

"Miya Atsumu manages to get two service aces against their libero!"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: the episodes in between were about nekoma and yaku is so cute i love him i really do

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※