[15] I believe

Izumi: a-are the chapters too short? Idk about you but i think at least 700 words for the story (excluding a/n) seems barely enough. (today's is 900)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

With the score now 18 - 17, Karasuno decided it was time to substitute Tsukishima out with a reserved player. Looking through her notes, (Y/n) wasn't able to recognize the player with the jersey number 7. All she had was his name, position, and the basic information.

Looking back at the player, he seemed to be very nervous and unprepared though, so the (h/c-ette) couldn't see why the coach would want to put him in the game. He did a float that was easily received by Akagi. Osamu ran up to the net and at the same time, Hinata did the same on the other side of the net. 'He's commit blocking Osamu?!'

Osamu wasn't fast enough to react, so he spiked the ball off of Hinata's hand and it landed on Inarizaki's side of the court.

"And he did it! The little guy at 164cm blocked the 183cm spiker!"

"Karasuno High School's finally tied!"

On with Chapter 15:

3RD PERSON POV

Karasuno's #7 - Kinoshita Hisashi got subbed back with Tsukishima and the rally continued afterwards. At one point, a chance ball was given to Inarizaki and they hit it through Karasuno's blocks, but Daichi managed to save it.

Nishinoya ran to the ball and passed it, but unfortunately for him it bounced too far. "The ball is above the net!"

Hinata and Osamu ran towards the net and jumped at the same time. An air battle happened but Osamu managed to dominate and push the ball over to Karasuno's side.

"Inarizaki managed to push it onto the other side!"

Karasuno decided it was time to take a time out and the referee blew his whistle to signal to everyone.

...

The couple of minutes passed by quickly and the players headed back to the court. (Y/n) frantically kept all the water bottles and placed all the towels in their own corner before cleaning up the sweat from the bench and sitting on it herself.

When she tuned into the match, the ball was being set by Kageyama and Asahi and HInata were in the air. Although, Hinata was meant to be the decoy, their opponents didn't fall for their tricks and blocked Asahi's spike.

With his quick reflexes, Hinata saved the ball from hitting the ground and continued the rally. "One more time!" a player called from the side.

Tanaka did a cross spike past the blockers - Ren and Osamu, but Ginjima saved it. Atsumu took a quick glance at his brother before running under the ball. He raised his arms and tossed the ball to Ren, who got a one-touch on Kageyama.

Daichi sprinted and managed to save it, albeit it was not a nice pass. Tanaka didn't have a choice and jumped up to the net and spiked it over. Despite getting blocked, Aran had made a foul by touching the net, and so the point went to Karasuno. <i think??>

"Damn!" (Y/n) accidentally said out loud but quickly covered her mouth, hoping no one had heard her. But even if they did, their attention would have went to the now shouting and arguing twins on the court.

"Wake up, Samu!" Osamu flinched.

"I am awake!"

"Stop lying! Goin' in there like, "I'm just gonna be the decoy." I see right through you!"

(Y/n) sighed and covered her face with her palm. She looked at Kita for his reaction, only to see him having his usual poker face.

"Shut up. If I jumped for every ball, I wouldn't make it to the end of the game."

"If you'd hit the ball, you'd get over, so hit the damn ball! Or what, you scared of that tiny little blocker?"

"Like hell I'm scared!"

...

The game continued as per normal, despite the embarrassing scene that had occurred.

Akagi recoiled back from Kageyama's serve - it was that strong of a jump serve. Although no words were spoken, Atsumu was glaring at his twin from the corner of his eye before heading towards the ball. Osamu, who was glaring back, ran up to the net and jumped.

Hinata was still commit blocking him but this time he was... not in front of him? He positioned himself slightly to the side so he was blocking a cross spike instead. Osamu had to change his shot to a straight and into Nishinoya's arms.

With not a second to waste, HInata ran to the back of the court to join a synchronized attack with his teammates.

Asahi spiked the ball past the blockers and it bounced off of Ginjima's arms and out the court. They cheered as the point was given to them.

"Karasuno with another breakpoint! They're tied up yet again!" and with that, Inarizaki's coach decided to take another timeout.

'Karasuno's doing way better than I thought they would.' were the thoughts of (Y/n) as she stood up from the bench and gave out the bottles once again. This time, she was told that she could stay at the bench and that the players would stand instead.

"I wonder if they have a strategy where their #10 doesn't jump out, or was that just random?" Akagi asked as they stood in a circle around (Y/n) who was on the bench.

"There was something similar towards the end of the Shiratorizawa, too." Atsumu pointed out.

"Seriously, how many times do I need to say this?" their coach butted in and joined in the circle. "If you get distracted by their #10, you're falling right for their trap. There's a time to adapt to any situation and a time to stand your ground. Don't forget those differences. Read blocking starts to shine in the latter half of the game."

"Right!"

"Do you have anything to say, (Y/n)-chan?" "Eh?" (Y/n) flinched since she didn't expect the sudden request. Now that the players were staring and waiting for her, she lifted her hand up, "G-Ganbatte...(Good Luck)" was what she decided to say on the spot, but the boys took it anyway. "Yeah!"

As they were heading back to the court, (Y/n) was considering if she should talk to her brothers about the fight earlier, "Tsumu! Samu!" but mid-sentence, she stopped. She couldn't have pretended nothing happened because both of them were already looking at her. "What is it, nee-san?"

Racking her brain once again, she said "I believe in you guys!" suddenly and it shocked all three of them, especially the twins. "Hey! Miya twins! Hurry up!" Aran shouted for them and they immediately headed to the court.

"I'll do it for you, nee-san!" both of them thought, now extra determined and motivated to win.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: is it obvious yet that y/n's words touch them deeply

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※