ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ

A few hours before Yuna's death

He looks around nervously as Yuna jumps in happiness, "I am so excited, baby. Aren't you? I've been waiting so long to be here."

"Yeah," he replies and pulls her closer, "Just stay close to me, okay?"

"Why?" She asks with squinted eyes, "Do you think one of those mummies will steal me away?" She giggles and I smile, "What if they do? I'll have to fight them."

"You won't have to," she smiles tip-toeing to kiss me, "I won't leave you."

He snakes his arms around her waist and pulls her closer, "I won't let you leave me. You're forever mine."

She blushes and puts her arm around his neck, "So romantic."

"Hey! Love birds!" Seokjin yells, "Get a room! We're out here under the hot sun trying to explore a pyramid and you're here trying to make babies."

"We're not trying to make babies!" Yuna scowls, "We were just talking to each other."

"I didn't know kissing was also called talking," Seokjin shoots back.

"That's enough, Seokjin," Taehyung states, "Don't take out your jealousy on her."

"I'm not jealous!" Seokjin yells with a frown, "Let's go in anyway. They cracked the opening."

Taehyung feels his heart race. He knew they weren't going to find a mummy in there because he was the mummy that was supposed to be in there and he was outside with them. What if they try to investigate the absence of the mummy and get to him before he tells Yuna who he is? He didn't want her to know that way. He wanted to be the one to tell her. He's seen how advanced technology is and how from small clues so much can be developed. He can just do something and erase evidence or something right? He's an all-powerful god. He nods as he gets pulled towards the pyramid by an excited Yuna. 

"Get the flashlights," Namjoon screams as he waves his hands, "Oh, the huge ones, yeah."

"Yuna?" Taehyung turns to his excited girlfriend who looks up at him with big eyes which brings a smile to his face, "I don't feel too great."

"You're smiling and telling her you're not feeling well?" Seokjin snorts.

"Shut up, Jin," Yuna rolls her eyes dismissing his ignorant joke and turning to cup Taehyung's face, "Are you okay, baby?"

"I'm not sure," Taehyung looks down, "I really feel tired and sick in the stomach."

Taehyung wasn't lying. He really did feel anxious and scared which made him sick.

"Do you think you can bear it? This excavation is quite important," Yuna says softly rubbing his cheek with her thumb as she feels protective and finds a need to just return home, wrap him in blankets, surround him with pillows, pat his back and cuddle him to sleep. 

"I am really not sure," Taehyung pouts, "I'm sorry, baby."

"It's alright, baby," Yuna smiles softly and glides her finger down his arm to intertwine their hands. She brings it up places a kiss on the back of his hand, "You can return to the camp or maybe the jeep. Your wish."

Taehyung feels his heart warm up from her actions and feels guilty for leaving her at the last moment. 

"You know what, baby?" Taehyung smiles, "I think I'll be fine if you stay near me."

"I will always be," she wraps her arm around his waist, "Shall we go in?"

Taehyung nods and gulps as an unfamiliar fear crept in. Don't go in. Voices filled his head but he chooses to ignore them for his beloved and walks right in with his team and his girl hooked on his arm who was enthusiastically pulling him along.