ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ

Taehyung's POV (second timeline)

"Y- you did what?" I stutter.

"Taehyung?" Yuna panics, "You were here with me. In that bed. You said you missed me and then said you needed me-"

"I was at the office!" I yell frustrated. I was in the office. There's no way that was me. 

"You were here!" Yuna yells back but cups her mouth, "I'm sorry for yelling."

I shake my head and pull her into a hug, "It's okay, baby."

"I- I'm sorry- Please, tell me it was you," tears flow down her cheeks.

"No, baby. Don't cry," I hug her tightly and caress her head slowly, "Don't cry. It's okay. I need you to do me a favour, okay?"

She nods wiping her tears.

"I need you to let me read your mind," I say softly with a smile to let her know it was all okay.

"Read my mind? You- You don't believe me?" She asks sniffing.

"I do! I do! I believe you. I trust you more than myself, dear," I kiss her forehead, "I love you and trust you. So much."

"I love you too," she says into my neck.

"Sit," I guide her to the bed and let her settle onto it. I sit beside her and hold her hand tightly, "Listen to me, okay? When I look inside, your mind is going to go blank. Don't panic. Just relax."

"Ca- can you hold me, please?" Her voice breaks. I smile understanding that she wanted to be near me. She always wanted to be near when she was afraid or panicking.

"Sure," I let her rest her back onto my chest, "I love you, baby. So much. Everything is alright. You don't have to panic, okay?"

"Okay," her breathing increases.

"No, no," I rub her back, "Everything is fine. Repeat that."

"Every- Everything is fine," she says hiccuping.

"Yes, now breathe," I rub her arms and pull the comforter over her as she breathes in and out slowly, "Good girl," I kiss the back of her head and nuzzle into her neck, "Very good girl," I purse my lips as I bring my hand to her forehead, "It's alright," I crane her neck backwards letting her head rest on my shoulder, "Just relax."

I press harder onto her forehead and I see a flash of what she experience in the past few days. I was here... with her in bed... except it wasn't me.

But it's impossible. I wasn't home. I was at my company working my back off. 

"Tae?" My angel asks sweetly, "What did you see?"

"I saw myself," I reply, "With you."

"And?" 

"It's me but it's isn't possible. I was at the company the whole day," I stand up and walk back and forth, "I don't know."

"I- I am sorry. I didn't know. He looked exactly like y-you, Taehyung," her voice breaks, "I swear I didn't know. Please, don't leave me."

I whip my head in her direction. Does she think I'll leave her? Does she not know that I can't live without her? Our kids cannot live without her? 

"No, Yuna," I cup her face, "I will never leave you. Never in my life will I ever leave you. You get that?" I shake her violently out of anger and frustration.

"I hate myself for letting someone other than you-"

"No, shut your mouth. It isn't your fault. Don't you ever think like that," I pull her up into a hug, "It's not your fault. You get that?"