Chapter 11

Just over 100 views? *squealing* Thank you all so much for checking in on my story! It means so much to me! Anyway, onto the next chapter.

Adrien

He rinsed his hair, not really bothering with a shower since they would be sleeping outside. Not to mention he had taken one that morning. He headed back downstairs, finding Marinette sitting at the kitchen table. She was staring off into space, a frustrated expression marking her beautiful face. He leaned back against the counter watching her, she hadn't even noticed he was there. Ladybug said he didn't need to feel guilty. But he still did. He loved Ladybug. But he really liked Marinette too. It wouldn't be fair to either of them if he tried to pursue Marinette. Well, Ladybug probably wouldn't care. But if it came down to him having to make a decision between the two, he'd chose the one he had been in love with for years. He'd chose the one person who had been by his side no matter what.

"Everything okay Marinette?"

She jumped, looking over at him with wide eyes.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around herself. She looked upset.

"What's wrong?"

"I just found out... that uh, well one of my friends likes me."

He felt his heart stop as jealousy began coursing through his veins.

"Who is it?"

He would bet money that it was Luka. They dated a while back, but they were still friends.

"It doesn't matter."

He clenched his jaw, gripping the countertop harder. Why was he so jealous? Marinette wasn't his.

"What did you say to him?"

"Nothing. I didn't know what to say."

He let go of the counter, running his fingers through his hair.

"Do you like him back?"

"I don't know." She whispered weakly, and his heart ached.

That was practically a yes.

"Hey guys. Where were you two?" Alya asked, stepping around Adrien to get to the fridge.

"I took a walk and he took a shower." Marinette chimed, and he turned his head to look at her.

She was back to wearing that fake cheery look, probably for Alya's sake.

"You guys ready to camp out? I bought marshmallows and hotdogs."

Marinette nodded, and Adrien pushed off of the counter, heading off in the direction of the livingroom. Nino was sitting on the couch, looking exhausted.

"Sleep well?"

"I slept hard. I'm so sleepy." He muttered in response, and Adrien chuckled.

He doubted Alya and Nino would be able to sleep tonight.

"Alya's starting to get stuff ready for the camping portion of our trip."

Nino sighed, getting up and stretching.

"I'm not really a fan of camping. But at least I'll be sharing the tent with her."
He sighed dreamily, and Adrien rolled his eyes.

If only he was that excited to be sharing a tent with Marinette.