Chapter 24

Marinette

"Boys are stupid." Marinette whispered to Alya, who reached over to pull Marinette's hair back over her neck to hide the faint mark.

"Agreed. The boy sounds like a dumbass." Alya whispered back, and Marinette grinned.

She had needed to vent and without Tiki, she was left with Alya, who had surprisingly taken it well.

"Still can't believe my best friend banged the Chat Noir."

Adrien seemed to hear them, because he glanced back, his gaze boring into Marinette's. He stared at her for a moment, before turning back to face forward. She gulped, that had felt rather cold.

"That was tense."

Alya lowered her voice more, in an attempt not to be overheard again.

"He asked me out yesterday. I told him no."

Alya's jaw dropped, and she gently shoved her arm.

"Knock it off before someone notices."

"I can't believe you said no."

Marinette turned to look at her, perplexed. Why was that so hard to believe?

"I slept with Chat the night before. I'm not the type to bounce from one man to another."

"You totally should. He acted like a jerk last night. Why not make yourself feel better with pretty boy?"

Marinette snickered at the nickname that apparently several people had come up with for Adrien. Though she would admit. It was fitting.

"That wouldn't be fair to Adrien. Now would it?"

"So? He hasn't exactly been fair to you lately. Hot for you one minute then cold the next?"

Marinette sighed in response and felt her cheeks warm when Adrien stopped on the trail, waiting for them to catch up.

"Guess girl talk is over?"

"Guess so." Alya whined, and Adrien rolled his eyes at them.

"How can it be girl talk when you're talking about me? Last time I checked, I'm a boy."

Marinette's face burned, even Alya looked flustered.

"What makes you think we were talking about you?" Alya questioned, and he threw her an exasperated look.

"I'm not deaf? Anyway, Marinette," he turned to her, a smirk touching his lips.
"I wouldn't mind helping you feel better."

He winked, and her voice caught in her throat. He had never been so flirty with her before.

"Why don't we play a game guys?" Alya called loudly, and Marinette was grateful for the interruption.

"You and those games." Nino remarked, and Alya smirked.

"Two truths and a lie. Sounds fun enough right? We've still got a few minutes to get to the spot Vincent wants us at. Who wants to go first?"

"Vincent and I will not be playing."

Natalie shook her head in distaste, and Marinette gritted her teeth. Why was Natalie so insistent on following them everywhere? She wasn't even dressed for hiking. She was wearing a pantsuit and hiking boots.

"I'll go first. Okay two truths and a lie. I've always wanted to grow a mustache, Adrien can't play this round. I accidentally walked in on Alya's older sister changing, Adrien was hiding in the bushes that day me and Marinette met up at the zoo."