Chapter 16

~ Warning mild sexual.... ??? Thoughts? Probably.~

Marinette

She awoke in the cabin, almost panicking when she found that Adrien wasn't with her. They had been asleep in a tree. That was the last thing she remembered. How did they get back to the cabin? Had it been a dream? She sat up, wincing. Her legs were still incredibly sore, so it couldn't have been a dream. Plus, she had scratches all over her legs from walking the medow and climbing the tree. So how did they get back to the cabin? She made her way downstairs, finding no one else awake to answer her questions. She checked in Adrien's room and yep, he was in bed asleep. She went back to her room, checking her purse. Tiki was also sound asleep. She sighed, grabbing a change of clothes and heading into the bathroom connected to her room. There was a door on the other side, and she opened it. Apparently, she and Adrien shared the bathroom, because it opened into his room. She quickly closed it, searching for a lock. Of course there wasn't one. She quickly stripped and jumped into the shower, soaking up the hot water. She hadn't showered in two days, and after spending the night in the woods she needed one. She tried to remember how they had gotten back. The only thing she could recall was a vague dream where Adrien was holding her. Had he carried her back to the cabin? That didn't make sense. He had wanted to wait until sunrise to get moving again. Had someone found them? If so, why hadn't anyone woken her up? Surely they would have to get her to climb out of the tree. She heard the bathroom door open and she froze.

"Sorry, why are you in my bathroom?"

Adrien's voice echoed, sounding groggy. She didn't care that she was naked and in the shower, she was just glad that someone else was awake, and her questions could finally be answered.

"How did we get back here?"

He hesitated with an answer, and she almost peeked out of the shower curtain to make sure he was still there.

"Chat Noir brought us back."

Chat Noir? How had he found them?

"How?"

Another long pause.

"Alya called the police last night and I guess Chat heard about it. I heard him calling our names, so I called back to him. He took you back to the cabin first, then came back and got me."

That still didn't make much sense to her. How did Chat hear about it? And why hadn't she woken up when Adrien yelled back to him? She couldn't possibly have been that asleep.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were exhausted Marinette. You needed to sleep."

She didn't answer, rinsing off and shutting off the water.

"Is there a towel out there?"

She heard him opening a few cabinets, before he reached an arm through the opening of the curtain, holding out a towel for her. She wrapped it around herself, before peeking out of the curtain. He had went back to his room, but had left the door open.

"When you get dressed can you come here for a second?"

"Sure." She called back, quickly darting from the shower to her room.

She pushed the door shut, toweling off and getting dressed. They would have to be careful not to accidentally walk in on the other using the bathroom. She hadn't shared a bathroom with a boy that wasn't family in her entire life. What if he walked in on her? The thought was horrifying, so she quickly shoved it away. She pulled on a tshirt and sweatpants, not really caring about trying to entice him with sexy clothes anymore. It hadn't worked yesterday anyway. She ran a brush through her hair as she passed through the bathroom and into his room. He was laying in the center of the bed, his head hanging over the edge where his feet should be. He gave her a lopsided grin, and it was actually cute, even upside down.