Chapter 32

(WARNING ~ Blood, gore, death, violence, etc. Read at your own risk. And thank you all again so much for reading. Feel free to leave comments, or vote. I appreciate any form of feedback.)

Luka/Viperion

"Second Chance!"

With a flash he was back in front of the elevator, Chat still hadn't used his cataclysm. Luka started forward, before realizing Marinette was still being held at knife point. He had to wait for hawkmoth to let her go, then he could stop Adrien. He couldn't let him destroy his mother's corpse. The public would never understand, hell, he didn't even understand. Adrien would be riddled with guilt for the rest of his life, and if Gabriel ever found out who he was... he shuddered at the thought. He just needed to stop it. No one had to be cataclysmed. He moved behind Adrien, watching the hand hovering above his mother. He would get a split second of warning.

"You've been consumed by your grief for too long. Allow me to free you."

He grabbed his wrist, yanking it away from the body.

"Don't do this."

"He's never going to stop. I have to."

Adrien yanked his hand away, swinging it down towards the body. But it didn't touch Emilie. It touched a fresh, live arm. Marinette's arm. She didn't have time to scream, to cry, to do anything. She crumbled into a pile of dust before them, and he watched Adrien collapse in front of her as if time had slowed to a standstill. Everything was silent, until he heard Adrien's scream. It was a soul sucking, gut wrenching scream that made his heart shatter. He turned away as his scream devolved into horrified sobs.

"Second chance." He shuddered, his eyes stinging with tears.

He set the dial on his bracelet back, and again he was back in front of the elevator. Panicked, he shouted at him.

"Adrien I know what you're thinking! Don't."

Adrien stopped in his tracks, and both Marinette and Hawkmoth looked at him in shock.

"A-adrien?" She whispered, and he watched Gabriel's face turn into a scowl.

"Adrien?! You ungrateful bastard!" He shouted, his body becoming even more stiff.

Luka watched in horror as the blade against Marinette's throat sank deeper. Noticing what he had done, hawkmoth released her, his face paling. Adrien caught her, shaking his head.

"You- you'll be fine. It's fine." He insisted, pressing his hand against her throat, trying to stop the bleeding.

She was crying, blood spilling from her lips with each sob. Hawkmoth shrank away from them, horrified at what he had done.

"Mari please. Please stay with me okay? Focus on me." He sobbed, his tears landing on her crimson stained cheek.

She began making gurgling sounds, more and more blood spewing from her lips.

"No. No Marinette stop. Please. I'm right here. Look at me."

Luka looked around, maybe if they stopped the bleeding, maybe she could just go to the hospital and this could be the one where no one was cataclysmed.

"Marinette? No. No! Come back!" He begged, and Luka closed his eyes.

How many times would he watch her die?

"Cataclysm."

Adrien ground out the word, and Luka opened his eyes. Adrien now held a massive ball of energy, and it grew with each passing second.