Chapter 18

~Okay, small warning. Though the characters in this fanfiction are above the age of eighteen, they are not of legal drinking age. I do not condone underage drinking.~

Marinette

She fiddled with the piece of paper in front of her, sighing softly. Alya was currently outside, setting up another fun activity. She cringed at the thought. How would this one go wrong? She crumpled up the paper, tossing it towards the trash bin. She had made a list of girls names that started with La, but had gotten no where. She didn't know if Adrien knew girls with those names. It was just torture. She watched its trajectory, grinning when she realized it would land in the bin. Just before it scored, someone caught it. She followed up the arm, her breath catching in her throat.

"What's this?" Adrien asked, starting to uncrumple the ball.

She stood, her gaze locked on his face. She didn't want him reading it. She didn't want him to know how desperately she wanted to know who held his heart.

"Give it back."

"Why? Is it some new designs or something?"

"Yep. Give it back."

She stood, reaching her hand out expectantly. He ignored it, continuing to unravel it.

"Well I want to see before you trash it. It might be good, you never know."

He smiled softly, and she reached forward, trying to yank it from his hands. He quickly pulled it back, cradling it to his chest.

"It can't be that bad Marinette. I'm just going to take a peek."

"No. Give. It. Back." She growled, and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"This isn't a design. Is it? You lied."

She felt her face flush, and she lunged forward. He side stepped her, and she wanted to scream at him. It wasn't his business anyway. Well, technically it was, but he didn't need to know that.

"Adrien. Give it back. I'm warning you."

He seemed to like the idea of that, because he smirked.

"Oh? You're warning me? Sweet little Marinette suddenly all big and bad?"

He teased, and that was it. She pushed him back against the counter, not enough to hurt him, maybe just stun him. She reached for his hands, and he held them high. He wrapped one of his legs around hers, and she met his gaze for a moment. He winked, and suddenly his hands were on her hips, turning her effortlessly. She was pinned against the counter, his body pressed tightly against hers.

"Now, if you don't mind, sit still for just a moment."

She could hear him opening the paper behind her, smoothing its wrinkles out. He leaned his head over her shoulder to read it, and she could feel his breath in her hair.

"Let's see. Lanie, Lana, Lauren, Lacy... I don't get it. What is this?"

He glanced down at her, but she couldn't look at him. She could barely breathe when he was this close to her. She couldn't answer him. She couldn't do anything.

"Will you tell me if I let you go?"

She nodded, and he quickly stepped back. She allowed air into her lungs again, trying to ignore the smell of his cologne lingering on her. Why did he always smell so good? Because he was a celebrity. Duh.