‣ 012 | birthday.

"jeongguk! happy birthday!" hoseok screamed on top of his lungs upon seeing his friend from afar in the middle of the road.

namjoon slapped his back in embarrassment. "what the fuck hoseok! there's people around!"

"oh sorry." hoseok laughed awkwardly and rubbed his nape.

jeongguk shakes his head out of embarrassment while approaching his two friends. "what just happened?"

"forget it. where's taehyung? why didn't you bring him?" hoseok frowned.

"he's in my house. i'm not bringing him to a club, hoseok."

"you're so overprotective, huh?" namjoon chuckled and gets inside the car.

hoseok did the same, getting inside his car while jeongguk sat beside him.

"but, don't you want to celebrate your birthday with him?" hoseok asked then starts driving after the three of them have finished buckling up their seatbelts.

jeongguk sighed, looking outside through the mirror beside him. "i don't."

.

taehyung rolled on the bed for the tenth time today out of boredom.

a random cartoon is played in the television and a bowl that was filled with strawberries earlier is now empty on the nightstand. taehyung figured that the strawberries are for him as there was a note on top of it earlier from jeongguk.

"i'm bored.. should i clean up the house again?" he asked himself. "but i'm already tired."

taehyung stood up and turned the tv off. he went out of the room and made his way downstairs.

as he's walking, he walked pass by a calendar with events marked on it. out of curiosity, taehyung went to the calendar and started reading.

taehyung gasped, seeing that there's an event today.

"september one.. gguk's birthday? it's master's birthday today?" he keeps staring at the number on the calendar.

"i should bake for him! so he'll be happy." he smiled happily then jogged his way to the kitchen.

the brunette checks the fridge, taking out the ingredients that he'll need for making a simple small cake for his master.

taehyung opens the cupboards to take out the utensils that he'll need and then, he started doing his work.

.

the cake is now finally made and taehyung is now decorating it. he made a simple cheesecake and is mentally hoping that jeongguk will like it.

he's not that good at baking but he still hope that jeongguk will enjoy it.

"all done." he said, staring at his masterpiece.

taehyung left the cake in the dining table to clean the tools that he used for baking the cake and the kitchen counter, including the table.

when he's done, he picked up the cake carefully and left it inside the fridge.

"master said he'll see me tomorrow because he will be home late. then i'll wait for him." he told himself while going to the living room.

taehyung sat down on the couch and grabbed the remote. he played a random cartoon to watch while waiting for jeongguk.

.

10:49 pm

sounds of the passcode being typed through the door can be heard and the door got pushed open by jeongguk.

jeongguk went inside the house with a tired sigh and closed the door behind him. he sat on a chair to take off his shoes then place them on the shoe rack.

he stood up after and went to the living room, seeing taehyung sleeping on the couch and a cartoon being played in the television.

"i told him not to wait for me." he mumbled.

going to the television, jeongguk turned it off then went to the kitchen.

he went to the fridge to get a drink but stopped his movements as soon as the fridge was open.

there stood in the middle is the cheesecake that taehyung baked for him earlier, still looking fresh and delicious.

"what's this? i didn't order or buy any cake." he muttered.

and then, his eyes went slightly wide.

did.. did taehyung bake this for me?

jeongguk carefully carried the cake and placed it on the table. then, he went to the cabinet to get two forks and small plates for the cake then a knife. jeongguk placed them on the table before going to the living room.

taehyung is still sleeping peacefully while hugging a pillow as he seeks for warmth.

"taehyung." jeongguk called out.

he crouched down to reach taehyung's level and stared at his face.

he's not gonna lie, taehyung is quite attractive.

"taehyung, wake up." he gently shakes the boy's shoulder.

taehyung hummed at the sudden movement and slowly fluttered his eyes open. he was met with jeongguk staring deep into his eyes while wearing his usual bored expression.

"i'm here." he heard the older said.

as soon as taehyung came to his senses, he immediately sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. "m-master- oh, happy birthday." he gave the older a sleepy smile, his eyes still half lidded.

jeongguk stands up. "how did you know it was my birthday?"

"i s-saw the calendar earlier. i baked a cake.." taehyung shyly admitted.

the ravenette hummed, satisfied with what taehyung just said. "i saw it. shall we eat it together before the clock strikes at 12 am?"

the younger can't help but to smile more and nodded.

"let's enjoy it together."