Act I • Chapter 3

Naomi blinked as she woke up in the middle of the night. Beside her laid none other than her twin, Naruto.

It has been a year or so since the day she was reborn, and the day when her biological parents in this dimension died. She numbly chuckled in her mind at how similar her present life was to her past one.

Her past parents died before she could even remember and in this life, even if she heard their voices and felt their touches, they too passed away before she could even see them in person.

She held no sadness in her heart for those unavoidable events, and even if she did she may not have realized it yet.

For the past 12 months of living in this world, Naomi had already witnessed the harsh treatment the orphan elders inflicts to her and Naruto.

Humans truly are the epitome of wickedness.

She hated how they glared at the both of them, she hated how they had to touch her for baths and for diaper changings, she hated how they would feed them not so gently, and most of all she hated how she could do nothing about it... yet.

Naomi was still unable to walk but she could already crawl just fine. Naruto however still cannot. Plus her vision was now clearer than ever, she couldn't wait to grow up and give the people who treated them harshly a taste of their own medicine.

Naomi laid on her side, facing Naruto who was sleeping soundly beside her. She still couldn't believe that she really is in an anime, she thought about how all of this sounded like a joke.

A joke she didn't and will never find funny.

Sure, she was and still an otaku and it would've been heaven on earth if she were to be able to see her favorite characters in person, but she didn't want to get sucked into the actual anime show! She only wanted the characters, not their storylines!

She didn't even know how or what got her into this world. Plus, why Naruto of all anime. She could've just been to Attack on titan or Mob psycho 100, or even just a normal romance anime where she actually knew how the story would end.

She had only started watching Naruto two months before she died, the last episode she left on was when the six tails was unleashed right after the death of one of her favorite characters, Uchiha Itachi. She only knew bits and pieces after that arc from spoilers about the fourth shinobi war, the Otsotsuki clan, Danzo and his many dirty works, Madara and Obito being manipulated by Zetsu in order to resurrect Kaguya and the Boruto.

Howbeit, from all the spoilers she had seen, she could already picture what would happen from those tiny bits of pieces.

Although Naomi wasn't the smartest, having to not attend school and all— she was, however, confident in her survival skills.

She dreamt of having a peaceful and quiet life but she would be in denial if she were to still dream of the impossible. She's now the sister of the protagonist so it is bound for trouble to be near her from every corner of this fictional world.

She could either kill herself or survive.

Naomi couldn't act recklessly though. She was scared that if she really were to really kill herself, she would be transported to another fictional world and she did not want that. If she were to live, she would have to become a ninja who can surpass even the gods since Naruto was always attracting people who're crazily powerful.

And with her sudden appearance in this world, some things are bound to change. So all she needed to do was stay as low as she could, not gather attention, and if she were to change things she should do it behind the scenes.