Act I • Chapter 14

"As of today, you all have become full fledge ninjas." Iruka stood in front of the fresh graduates. "Though, you are still genins, the tough part's still to come. From here on you'll be in a squad of three and carry out your missions under your Jonin teachers."

"Squad of three?"

"We got to be in a team?!"

"I want to be with Sasuke-kun!!"

The class erupted into a sea of emotions. Naomi could only close her eyes and put on a smile as Sakura and Sasuke's stared—with burning passion—at her.

"Now then..."

Naomi leaned on the unsuspecting Nara's shoulder and coughed twice, making the brunette flicker his eyes at her with a raised brow.

"Bet with Naomi!" She grinned. "If Naomi's guesses are correct, Shika would have to do her a favor."

Shikamaru sighed, getting used to her whims and sudden phrases without context. "And what if this 'guess' of yours turns out to be  wrong?"

"Then Naomi will do Shika a favor, anything is valid as long as it's in Naomi's power!"

"Haa, alright then."

She leaned closer to the Nara, eyes looking out for anyone who could hear them. With a whisper, Shikamaru looked at her, dubiety.

"Group ten consists of Yamanaka Ino, Akimichi Choji, and Nara Shikamaru."

Naomi looked over at the said-genin's reactions. Choji was quite pleased to be with Shikamaru while the Nara was neutral. He probably had it figured out already considering their parents, and the parents of their parents— team composition. Ino, however, was visibly showing a frown on her beautiful face. Her mouth motioned a: 'but I want to be with Sasuke-kun..' leading to Naomi believing that the girl still has a crush on the Uchiha.

"Group seven are Hyuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, and Aburame Shino."

Shino seemed to be impartial. Kiba showing his canine-like tooth with a grin. Hinata fumbled with her fingers while sending a sad glance at Naruto, but shook her head and clenched her fist in determination afterwards.

Naomi smirked at her steel courage. That's more like it.

"Team seven will be Haruno Sakura,"

Naomi glanced at the Sakura as the pinkette pursed her lips in anticipation.

"Uchiha Sasuke,"

Sakura scowled at Sasuke. The raven clicked his tongue and glared.

"—lastly, Uzumaki Naruto."

The youngest of the Haruno, Uzumaki and Uchiha, scrunched up their faces as a way to show their disagreement with the team arrangements. The three altogether turned their heads to Naomi—who kept her eyes closed with a smile—and sighed in defeat. Seeing Naomi's indifference to their despair, they were left with no choice but to unite and get on with it.

Iruka went on with the other team ups one by one, and Naomi sent a glimpse at Shikamaru's stoically, lazy face.

"—and since this class' graduates is made up of uneven numbers for a three man squad, Uzumaki Naomi, you will be joining a team outside of the fresh graduates." Iruka smiled in her direction as he continued, "The specialty of the Jonin in-charge of you and your other team-mates will be most suited for your lack of chakra."