Act I • Chapter 10

"In order to protect the most precious things, sometimes you have to be the cruelest." Zaragoza coldly spoke getting the attention of the male beside her.

Itachi eyed the young ROOT member, surprised that she was initiating a conversation after being as silent as a wind this whole time they were heading to the Uchiha compound.

He analyzed her out-of-nowhere quote. Numbly chuckling in his head at how his situation relates to the statement so accurately. "..Hn..."

None were spoken after that. Itachi composed himself for later's event, while our female lead over here, was trying her outmost not to try and cling to the oblivious male.

OHMYJASHIN!!! IT'S THE ALMIGHTY ITACHI!!!! She simped hard (is simped even a real word??), keeping a calm and stoic exterior all the while. HE'S SO PRECIOUS!! HE EVEN RESPONDED TO PEASANT LIKE ME!!

"Zaragoza.. was it?" The Uchiha hesitantly said, snapping Naomi back to reality.

"Yes."

"You... if you were in my position.... Would you do the same as what I am about to do later on?" He asked, albeit a little awkward and a tad confused on why he was suddenly asking such a sensitive topic to a stranger. After hearing no response, he promptly added, "forgive my mumbling..."

"Yes." She curtly answered.

Itachi's eyes seemed to had widened a fraction. "Yes..?"

She stopped in her tracks, getting him to do so as well. "I would also do absolutely anything and everything for my brother." Thoughts of Naruto entered her mind as her heart clenched a bit. "He's life.. worth more than mine." He's the main puzzle piece to complete this world after all.

Itachi blinked as he looked straight at the mask on the girl's face. "I see..."

Naomi saw Itachi's eyes soften a bit. Was it a wise decision of her to spill so much information on herself? She didn't care. Her favorite character needed someone to understand what he's going through and that's what matters at the moment.

"It's almost time," Itachi declared, "he should be arriving soon." Naomi nodded, and just like that, the conversation from earlier was branded as a forgotten, yet, historical moments of their lives.

- - ┈┈┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈┈┈ - -

'Madara' eyed a very young kid in a ROOT's uniform. The kid's height was no more higher than his waist and being a man with traditional mind, 'Madara' was quick to judge.

Is that Danzo treating him as a joke to not even have someone more experienced do the mission.

"How old are you?" He started, voice so deep and cold that it sent Naomi shivers.

"Exposing details of ourselves is strictly prohibited." She replied, matching the coldness of his voice. She only made an exception in giving out that she has a brother for Itachi and that's it.

'Madara' looked at Itachi. Silently questioning about the young girl's ability.

"Rest assured Madara, Zaragoza is unrivaled when it comes to working in the shadows." Itachi's emotionless voice were crystal clear, not a moment of hesitation found in his statement and it made Naomi bloomed with pride at the result of her hard work.

'Madara' decided to put trust into the Uchiha's words, Danzo is a strict man so surely, he has high standards for his organization's members.