Act I • Chapter 9

For the past few weeks, Naomi found herself in a cycle. On weekdays, she went to academy while in between school breaks, she'd be working her ass off. And on weekends, she'd still be on missions but for a whole day.

After her first night, she asked for another request from Danzo to only let her work during daytime so as to not let Naruto get suspicious just for precautions.

She had also overheard Danzo ordering Itachi in his office that the massacre should happen within a week and Naomi let herself got ready for the continuation of the butterfly effect.

With that being the case, her time with Naruto and the others had gradually decreased.

- - ┈┈┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈┈┈ - -

The teacher's voice for history class echoed throughout the classroom. It was the last subject of the day and Naruto was itching to finally confront his sister about something after a week of gathering his courage. He took notice of how her fake psyche was little by little slipping up by the days, and he was growing worried sick for her.

Shikamaru glanced at Naomi who had been wearing a serious face- oppose to her public persona- and has been silent the whole time. "Troublesome woman..." Shikamaru sighed as he muttered his catchphrase before continuing. "So, what's wrong?"

Hearing her seat mate's voice, Naomi snapped her head towards him and quickly putting on a grin as if the frown earlier was simply nonexistent. "Nothing's wrong!"

The Nara scoffed at the obvious lie as he rolled his eyes. Leaning closer so that they could have some privacy, he asked in all seriousness. He was genuinely concerned for her. "Really Naomi, what's going on with you these days?"

Naomi parted her lips open but nothing came out. She was well aware of how she has been acting presently, but that was none of her concern as of the moment. A mission, an event, that she originally shouldn't be partaking in, is gonna happen with her being the witness of it all.

Her greatest perturbation was about what that old man Danzo had recently ordered her to do.

......[Earlier this week]......

"Danzo-sama." Naomi immediately kneeled on one knee as she kept her head low in respect. She had just returned from a mission outside konoha and went in to report about her job well done as required for every ROOT members.

She was currently wearing her uniform which simply consisted of: a sleeveless grey top, black fleece pants, the common ninja shoe wear, and finally, her very own mask.

"Right on time, Zaragoza

"Right on time, Zaragoza." Danzo stood up from his seat and rounded his table to stand in front of her, observing her body languages like he always did to everyone. "The elimination of the three traitors went without a hitch, I suppose?"