Act I • Chapter 12

"Naomi believes in Naruto."

The female twin ruffled his hair to reassure him and give him some courage. Even though he was bound to fail this test in exchange for an even greater success, a little encouragement wouldn't hurt.

Naruto shakily smiled and clench his fist. "We can do this, dattebayo!"

"Uzumaki Naomi." Said-girl stood up the moment her name was called, Naruto gave her a brief hug before she left the room. Naomi kept her usual grin and cheery aura as they entered the testing chamber.

"Since you don't have a chakra system of your own," Mizuki, one of the teacher's present, started. "Naomi-san will have to show us what you specializes in."

Specializes in, Naomi thought, so I need to show at least a little portion of my strength in order to impress them..

"Got it!"

Being a ninja doesn't always revolved around chakra. Some people might have chakra but is clumsy when using it. Skills, Attentiveness, and Strength are the most important components of being a ninja.

Iruka and Mizuki attentively watched as the Jinchuriki before them swiftly surfaced 16 senbon needles out of nowhere, two between each of her fingers, and threw it in their direction all at once. It landed straight into the walls behind them, accurately outlining their shapes.

"!!"

The movement was utterly blinding even for the two high ranking chunins. They weren't expecting such speed from the Uzumaki since her records and intelligence weren't that excellent. Yet, this technique required perfect concentration and practice. One wrong move and they could've gotten injured.

Iruka and Mizuki slowly looked behind them, sweat beading on their foreheads and necks at the thought of having a hole shot right through their body. Who wouldn't be afraid of such sight when the walls had even cracked from the force the girl had exerted onto those tiny weapons.

Oopsies.. I may have lost a little control there....

Naomi awkwardly smiles when the two teachers-slash-ninjas turn to look at her in disbelief and agape mouths. "So uhm..did Naomi pass??"

Iruka was the first to snap back to reality. "Ah, yes you did!" He then grinned as the bewilderment turned into silent wonderment. "Congratulations, Naomi. You can have your leaf headband now."

"Mm! Thank you Iruka-sensei!" Naomi cheerily advanced towards the table and picked a black themed headband. She briefly glanced at Mizuki before jovially exiting the room.

The white haired chunin's stare lingered a little longer on the door the former had left to. He couldn't help but swallow a lump in his throat and wipe the little sweat that formed on his face from the look Naomi had sent him.

"Mizuki-san, are you okay?"

He snapped his head to Iruka who was raising a brow and said, "y-yeah..."

- - ┈┈┈┈∘┈˃༒˂┈∘┈┈┈┈ - -

"You did it sis!!"

As soon as Naomi entered the classroom, Naruto had already engulfed the startled female in a warm embrace. Sakura was there beside him as well, puffing her chest and folding her arms whilst she triumphantly smirked. "Naturally! Naomi-chan is the best after all!"

Naomi exasperatedly smiled at the two as a presence from behind her all this time, finally made itself known.

"Hn."