Act I • Chapter 8

"How are you so sure that by joining my organization, you'll be able to improve yourself in terms of strength?"

Just as ordered, Naomi went to the ROOT hideout once again after academy was over. Currently, Danzo was sitting on his work desk whilst Naomi stood in front of him. Posture straight, face void of emotion, and words laced with caution.

"Danzo-sama's organization consists of powerful individuals than that of the ANBU." She stated. "Naomi would be a fool to let this kind of opportunity go to waste."

"What is your goal, after achieving your desired strength?" Danzo questioned as the two never broke their eye contact.

"That would be for Naomi to know and for Danzo-sama to find out." She answered, howbeit playfully. "But worry not, for this goal of Naomi won't do harm to Konoha."

Danzo narrowed his eyes. Seeing as this mere 7 years old was able to hold off the suffocating atmosphere around him, as well as the fact that she even had the guts to say something mischievous in his very presence.

Her character was definitely suited for a prodigy, fearless, but what about her skills...

"Namikaze-Uzumaki Naomi, daughter of the fourth hokage as well as one of the nine tailed fox Jinchuriki. Ninjutsu, nonexistent. Academics, average. Taijutsu, average. Kenjutsu, average." He sternly stared at her as if challenging her to give him a comeback that would convince him into letting her join his organization. "Tell me, what are you even worth of."

Already expecting this kind of interview, Naomi's face remained apathetic as she voiced out her cards. "As Danzo-sama already suspected, Naomi purposely set herself as a mediocre academy student. Naomi had been planning her every moves ever since she was a toddler, thus, this is all just a part of her plan."

Danzo felt himself smirk, if what she was saying was true, then this kid had far surpassed his expectations. "I see that you weren't even phased by the fact that I abruptly called you a Jinchuriki yesterday and a Namikaze today." He slightly tilted his head. "I'm assuming that you already know of your origin?"

"Of course."

Danzo stood up from his throne like chair and sauntered until he was face to face with the girl. "I have high expectations from you, Jinchuriki."

Naomi immediately kneeled, bowing her head all the while at it. "Naomi is honored to be acknowledged by someone like you, Danzo-sama. Though, Naomi have one bold request."

Danzo nodded. "Shoot."

"Naomi wants to keep attending academy as well as live with her brother. Do not fret for it won't be affecting Naomi's performance."

"You are permitted to do so. However, it would be a dire work, despite having a strength that far surpasses a Jonin level, you're still a kid."

Oh, so now you show concern, what about the children and toddlers you had killed for your own benefit.

"Naomi is only a kid in name, Danzo-sama." And she meant that quite literally.

He huffed at her stubbornness and they continued their discussion on when or where to start her career as a new ROOT member.

Danzo was a wary man, but when it came to power, he would lower his guard a percentage and Naomi took advantage of that slight weakness.

The female sighed as she left ROOT's hideout. The sun was ready to take off, letting the sky reflect the breathtaking hue of orange and red. There was still time before dinner and so Naomi let herself walk at a slow pace with the location of her apartment in mind.