Act I • Chapter 4

The apartment was a little better than what was shown in the anime. It was still the same worn out place but it was at least decent.

Naomi knew that Hiruzen did this in order to avoid them getting caught by the greedy people who wanted the kyubi for themselves even without being watched by his ANBUS 24/7.

And who would expect the great fourth Hokage's and head of Uzumaki clan's descendants, would live in the worst housing possible in the village. She would only have to clean the place thoroughly later on.

Hiruzen opened the door and went inside, following him were the twins. He felt bad for doing this but there was no other choice, if he didn't do this then he'll have to watch them nonstop and the twins would definitely not like that.

As soon as Naruto saw the interior, he let out a gasped of glee. "Woah! Is this ours, Oji-san?!" Hiruzen chuckled at his giddy reaction and nodded.

When those words left Naruto's mouth, he immediately looked at the hokage in panic as if he had just insulted his whole family.

"S-sorry! My mouth just slipped dattebayo!"

Hiruzen was actually quite glad that he had called him in an affectionate manner. After all, he was half expecting the twins to be hostile to him, an outsider.

He ruffled the hair of the cerulean eyed twin and gently spoke, "It's very much fine."

Naruto blushed as he sheepishly smiled. Only his sister had ever ruffled his hair and it made him feel happy that another person did not despise him.

As Naomi watched in the background, she felt... pleased?

The scene was just so heart warming, something that she only felt whenever she watched anime. It reminded her of when she was only a person behind the screen, an outsider, that's what suited her.

The Hokage then toured the twins around their new flat. It was fairly big enough for the two of them. It consisted of a joint kitchen and living room, one bedroom, one bathroom and a small balcony.

Basic appliances and utensils were also installed such as two beds, refrigerator, a 2000's model television, stove, chairs and tables.

After thanking the hokage (Naruto hugged him whereas Naomi only gave a smile), Hiruzen handed them a bag of money and told the twins to come look for him every first day of the month in order to receive their allowance.

When the old man finally left, they both immediately plopped onto the couch. They had a long day after all.

Naomi closed her eyes as she released a sigh, good thing Hiruzen's attention was mostly on Naruto and didn't suspect her quietness the slightest bit. Naruto glanced at his twin and decided to start a conversation.

"hey Ami, is this really where we'll be living from now on?"

"Yes,"

"Ano ne, oji-san is the only one who didn't look at us with those eyes dattebayo." Naomi opened her eyelids as she peered at Naruto to continue. "So, he's a good guy.... right?"

Growing up, Naruto had developed a fear of trusting people other than his sister who had always been by his side. Naomi internally widened her eyes since this was something new.

She thought of how to answer him as she fumbled a coin in the bag the hokage gave them earlier.

"He's not good,"

Naruto outwardly frowned and tilted his head as Naomi continued.

"But he's not bad either."

The male twin was even more confused. How can good and bad coexist? Already expecting this reaction, Naomi motioned for Naruto to move closer.