Chapter Four - Return Of The Lyoko Warriors

After what transpired on Lyoko and the subsequent return of XANA, Jeremy and the rest of the Lyoko Warriors got Omega out of Lyoko and met with her in the Lab. They then proceed to tell Omega of what had happened. Upon hearing this, Omega was in shock. 

Omega: I...I can't believe it...

Jeremy: Omega, what was the last thing you remembered? 

Omega: I...I was watching a DVD my mother sent me. Then everything went black. 

Ulrich: Guess XANA wasn't fully shut down. 

Odd: Man XANA sure is resilient. He's like a cockroach! 

Aelita: We'll have to move quickly. For now, we have the advantage. XANA isn't at full power. It's going to take time before XANA recovers even half of his power. 

As Aelita said this, a great sense of guilt fell over Omega. From what she could understood, Aelita and the others had fought hard to defeat XANA only for their efforts to be undone. 

Omega: I...I'm sorry. This is all my fault. 

Yumi: Don't blame yourself for what happened, Omega. None of us could have predicted this. Now we have to figure out how to fix it. 

As the Lyoko Warriors tried to console Omega, Jeremy ran some diagnostics on the Computer. Immediately, he noticed something off about Omega's entry into Lyoko. The time it took for her to be transported to Lyoko was quick for someone who had never been virtualized onto Lyoko. 

Jeremy: Guys? I need to talk to you for a minute. 

Aeltia and the rest of the Lyoko Warriors met up with Jeremy while Omega stayed behind. 

Ulrich: What's up, Jeremy?

Jeremy: I think there's something off with Omega. 

Yumi: What do you mean? 

Jeremy: Omega was virtualized onto Lyoko without having to go through the avatar recognition phase or scanning molecular structure. Based on my diagnostics, the Scanners seemed to recognize Omega.

Upon hearing this, Aelita and the others were caught off guard by this revelation. The fact that Omega was able to be virtualized at a quick rate. Even with XANA's manipulation, he wouldn't have been able to manipulate the Supercomputer's systems with the little power he had. 

Ulrich: There's something else that's been bugging me since this whole thing started. Why did XANA go after Omega? He could've easily have gone after William or even one of us. 

Jeremy: I'm thinking it may have something to do with Omega's parents. Remember when she was talking her parents and the work they did? 

Yumi: Yeah? She didn't really say much about it.

Jeremy: This is just a theory, but I believe Omega's parents might have worked with Francis Hopper on Lyoko in some way or another. 

It was at this moment that a mystery was unfolding before their eyes. Somehow, Omega was connected to Lyoko. 

Odd: So we're detectives now? Just so you know, I totally call dibs on being Sherlock Holmes! Ulrich could be Watson. 

Jeremy: I think we should be ready for the next time XANA attacks. With XANA back, we'll need to be prepared for anything. 

As Jeremy said this, the Lyoko Warriors found themselves forced to return to fighting XANA. Omega overheard this and felt guilty about it. She felt that what was happening now was all her fault. In that moment, she approached the Lyoko Warriors. 

Omega: If you're going to fight XANA, then I'm joining you. 

Odd: Thanks, but no thanks. We got this! Just uh...don't tell anyone about this. 

Omega: I want to help! I'm the reason XANA's back. I undid everything you all worked hard to achieve. 

Jeremy: Your offer is generous, but you don't know what you're asking. What we do is dangerous. 

Omega: You wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for me. Please, let me help you. 

As Omega laid out her offer to the Lyoko Warriors, they took a moment to think on Omega's offer. They last time they brought someone into the fold was William and he ended up becoming a powerful pawn of XANA until they rescued him. Despite their hesitation to let Omega join them, it was clear to them that Omega shared some unknown connection with Lyoko. It was also clear to them that she wanted to help them. 

Ulrich: I don't know, Omega. I don't think you realize just what you're getting into. 

Odd: I say we give her a chance. We could use an extra pair of hands. 

Yumi: Did you forget the last time we did this? What if what happened to William happens again? 

Aelita: Then we have to make sure that it never happens again. We'll take every precaution necessary to make sure that Omega doesn't end up like William. 

Slowly, the Lyoko Warriors came along to accept Omega's offer. For Jeremy, he believed Omega could be a good asset in their renewed fight against XANA. Not only that, but Jeremy knew that he needed to solve the mystery of Omega's connection with Lyoko. 

Jeremy: Okay, Omega. We'll let you help us. 

Upon hearing this, a smile fell on Omega's face. Despite not knowing what she was getting herself into, she was happy just to help. In that moment, Omega had become a Lyoko Warrior. She had joined Jeremy and the Lyoko Warriors in their renewed fight against XANA. For now, all the Lyoko Warriors could do was to head back to Kadic Academy and rest for the night. In that moment, the Lyoko Warriors had gained a new ally.