Chapter Seven - The Plot Thickens

As Omega and the Lyoko Warriors continue their investigation into Omega's parents, they found little clues to go one. Project Carthage alone was highly confidential with the Lyoko Warriors knowing only a fraction of it's entire history. Any information on the involvement of Omega's parents so far seemed nonexistent. As all this happened, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors continue going about their regular lives while waiting for the inevitable attack from XANA. In the early hours of the day, Omega was the first to wake up. She got dressed and got her school supplies ready. After getting ready, Omega walked over to Aelita's dorm and waited outside. As she waited, Omega was approached by Mily and Tamiya.

Mily: Excuse me, Omega! My name is Mily and I'm with both the Kadic News Team and Kadic Herald! Would you like to offer a few words to our fellow students?

Omega was initially taken aback by this. Not wanting to be rude, Omega addresses the younger kids.

Omega: I'll....I'll be happy to!

Omega takes a deep breath as Mily raises the microphone to Omega while Tamiya steadies the camera.

Omega: I'm happy to be a student in Kadic! I'm looking forward to learning in this school! I'm hoping to make a few friends along the way!

As Omega answers Mily's question, Aelita exits her dorm with her stuff ready. The interview was cut short as Omega and Aelita made their way to the courtyard where Jeremy, Ulrich, Yumi and Odd were waiting.

Odd: Heard you scored an interview with Mily, Omega!

Omega: Mily and Tamiya were nice.

Ulrich: They're good kids.

Odd: And surprisingly good at their jobs. I still haven't got my interview!

Yumi: Flirting with a lot of girls in Kadic is not a good way to get an interview.

As Yumi said this, there was an awkward silence among the group. The silence was broken by Omega.

Omega: Has their been any progress in our investigation?

Jeremy: Unfortunately no. I've been doing a lot of digging for the past few days, but so far have found nothing.

Aelita: We barely have any information on Project Carthage as it is.

Odd: Well our venture into detective work just hit a wall.

Ulrich: No to mention that we still have XANA to worry about.

Aelita: Jeremy and I haven't picked up any activated Towers. In fact, Lyoko's been quiet.

Omega became detested as the investigation into her parents reached a dead end. There was so much about her parents and their role in XANA and Lyoko that she didn't know. And Omega was at the center of it all. Jeremy and the rest of the Lyoko Warriors could see that the lack of progress was taking it's toll on Omega.

Aelita: Don't worry, Omega. We'll find out the truth of it all. I spent a long time trapped on Lyoko. There were times where I felt that I would always be trapped on Lyoko. But I never lost faith in Jeremy and the others.

Jeremy: We didn't give up then and we won't give up now.

Hearing that lifted Omega's spirit. Despite not knowing whether or not they would find the truth about the connection between Omega's parents and XANA, Omega had faith that they would find the answers they were looking for. Meanwhile in a government facility, a testing demonstration was underway. The subject of this demonstration was an experimental exosuit designed to augment a soldier's combat capabilities. Along with the exosuit was an experimental glider. As the test pilot utilized both the exosuit and the glider to destroy the targets with ease, the head scientist speaks to the military officials.

Scientist: As you can see, the exosuit allows any soldier to overcome any obstacle with minimal effort. As for the glider, it's weapon capabilities can easily outmaneuver enemy fire. With this exosuit, one soldier could face an entire battalion.

Military Official: Impressive, professor.

Scientist: The only drawbacks is the experimental battery powering the exosuit. Prolonged usage causes the battery to heat up, forcing it to expel the heat, potentially causing fatal harm to the pilot.

As the scientist says this, he gives the pilot the signal to stop the testing. Following the scientist's instructions, the test pilot lands the glider and exits the suit.

Military Official: How many suits do you have built?

Scientist: There is only the prototype. We are currently working on addressing the issue with the power battery on the exosuit. Once that has been properly addressed, we will run further tests to ensure it operates efficiently.

Military Official: How long will it take?

Scientist: Approximately two years at the most. But I can assure you that the exosuit will be worth the wait.

Military Official: Then I won't waste anymore of your time. Keep me posted on your progress.

With that, the demonstration was over. Both the exosuit and the glider were placed in a secure facility. Hours later, a shadowy spectre sneaks inside the room and enters the exosuit. After a moment, the exosuit's visors glowed red as the Eye of XANA appeared. As the exosuit was activated, it began walking towards the glider. Once it activates the glider, the XANA spectre uses the glider to blast it's way out of the facility. The soldiers stationed in the facility were unable to prevent the possessed exosuit from escaping the facility. As the French military scrambled to find out what had happened, XANA had set a sinister plan in motion to eliminate the Lyoko Warriors. However, it had plans for both Aelita and Omega.