Chapter Thirteen - Shadow Fist

As Omega and the Lyoko Warriors continued their investigation into the connection between Omega's parents and XANA, they decide to explore Lyoko as a means to train Omega. In the Forest Sector, Omega was practicing her Lyoko powers as well as using her Energy Bow.

Odd: Not bad, Omega. But you've got a long way if you're gonna be an Ace shot like me!

Ulrich: From where I'm standing, it sounds like you're scared the new girl's gonna upstage you.

Odd: You kidding? There's no one who's a better shot than me!

Yumi: Don't mind, Odd. From what Ulrich told me, Odd was freaking out when he first got in Lyoko.

Odd: Seriously, Ulrich?!

As the Lyoko Warriors spoke to one another, Omega was slowly getting the hang of her abilities.

Aelita: You're doing good, Omega.

Omega: Thank you.

As Omega continued to train, Jeremy began picking up strange signals converging on the location of the Lyoko Warriors.

Jeremy: Guys, I'm getting some weird signals approaching you.

Back on Lyoko, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors were suddenly approached by a group of individuals with black combat armor.

Odd: That's new.

Ulrich: Einstein? You seeing what we're seeing?

Jeremy(Voice): I'm not quite sure. I've never seen these signals before.

As Omega and the Lyoko Warriors were confused by what they were seeing, the commandos drew swords and assumed combative stances.

Commando: Shadow Fist move in. Neutralize enemy combatants.

Without warning, Shadow Fist attacked the Lyoko Warriors. The Lyoko Warriors quickly found themselves outmatched by the commandos.

Odd: Freaking ninjas?! XANA's really raising the bar!

Jeremy(Voice): This isn't XANA! Whoever or whatever this is, it's something else!

As Jeremy ran several scans on Lyoko, the Lyoko Warriors tried to hold the line against Shadow Fist, but they were unable to press the attack. Yumi was hit with a sword strike which took half her life.

Jeremy(Voice): No way! You've lost half your life points!

Ulrich: These guys are going down!

Ulrich then uses his Duplicate Ability to create two clones of himself and tries to even the playing field. This quickly backfires as the commandos destroy the Duplicates and press the attack. Odd fires his laser arrows at the commandos, but they easily dodge and deflect his shots.

Omega: Why are you attacking us?!

Odd: I don't think these guys are interested in a conversation!

Omega fires an Energy Arrow at one of the commandos, hitting him in the shoulder. This does nothing to slow down the commando.

Jeremy(Voice): That only took 5 life points!

Odd: Oh you've got to be kidding me?! These guys can take half of our life points but we barely do any damage to them?! What is this?! Dark Souls?!

Yumi: Concentrate, Odd!

As the Lyoko Warriors continue to fight against Shadow Fist, Aelita uses her Creativity powers to lift several trees and throw them at the commandos. This allows the Lyoko Warriors to retreat.

Aelita: Jeremy, have your scans found anything?

Jeremy(Voice): I'm not finding anything concrete. There's no Tower activated anywhere on Lyoko. I'm not even picking up XANA's signal.

Omega: Then....who are those people?

???: That's a good question, little lady.

As the voice called out, several shots were fired in front of the Lyoko Warriors, forcing them to stop. They soon found themselves surrounded by Shadow Fist. Standing in front of them was a man with the same attire as the Shadow Fist commandos only the color scheme being black and red.

???: So you're the ones running around on Lyoko. Didn't think we were dealing with a bunch of kids.

Aelita: Who are you?

???: You can call me Fenrir. I guess I should be thanking you. If it weren't for you, we couldn't have been able to get into Lyoko in the first place.

As Fenrir said this, Omega was overcome with guilt as she felt responsible for this.

Yumi: What do you want with Lyoko?!

Fenrir: I'd be careful of where I'm sticking my nose if I were you. You kids have no idea of what you're getting into. So here's what's gonna happen. You're gonna tell us where your base is and give us control of the Supercomputer and we all walk away.

Odd: Something tells me you guys are full of it!

Fenrir: You kids are in way over your heads. If you don't play ball, then you'll find someone knocking on your door.

Omega: I....I won't let you hurt my friends!

As Omega said this, Fenrir cast his eyes on Omega. There was an uneasy silence as the commando stared at Omega. Without warning, Fenrir fires his pistols at the Lyoko Warriors, devirtualizing them. Omega was left alone.

Omega: N....no!

Fenrir: Now this is interesting.

As Omega was left alone, she aimed her Energy Bow at Fenrir. Fenrir only chuckles as he sees Omega shaking.

Fenrir: Never thought I'd see you here.

As Omega shakes in fear, she lets loose an arrow which hits Fenrir in the chest. Fenrir chuckles as he begins approaching Omega.

Fenrir: The boss will be real interested when he finds out you're here.

Just as Fenrir was about to attack, Jeremy devirtualizes Omega. As Fenrir and the Shadow Fist were left alone, Fenrir takes a moment to chuckle at what had just happened. In that moment, the Lyoko Warriors had encountered a new enemy. No longer would they face just XANA on Lyoko. Now they had to deal with the formidable virtual warriors known as the Shadow Fist. And just like with XANA, Omega was somehow tied into this.