Chapter Five - The Puzzle

After Omega joined the Lyoko Warriors, the Lyoko Warriors began preparing for XANA's inevitable attack. As they waited, Jeremy and Aelita began running scans on Lyoko for any signs of XANA. So far, their search turns up nothing.

Aelita: Looks like XANA's gone quiet.

Jeremy: Probably laying low to recover his power. This could buy us time to better prepare ourselves for when XANA attacks.

As Jeremy and Aelita continued to scan Lyoko, Omega was still trying to understand her connection to XANA and Lyoko. Up until now, she had no idea that either of them existed. It was a concept so foreign to her, yet it seems that she was somehow connected to it all.

Yumi: How are you holding up, Omega?

Omega: I'll...I'll be fine, Yumi. I'm just....tired.

Odd: Getting possessed by XANA can do that to you. But look on the bright side. At least XANA didn't have you take a dive on the Digital Sea and end up like William?

Omega: William?

Ulrich: It's a long story.

As Omega was still coming to terms with it all, Jeremy and Aelita approached her.

Omega: Have you found anything?

Jeremy: No. Lyoko's been quiet ever since XANA came back. It'll probably be a while before anything happens. In the meantime, maybe you can help us with something.

Omega: I'm ready to help in anyway I can.

Aelita: Do you know what kind of work your parents did?

Omega: They never told me of their work.

Jeremy: Maybe this will help. Lyoko was created by Dr. Franz Hopper who created XANA to counter a military project based on a multi-agent system. He was part of a secret military project called Project Carthage.

Jeremy then pulls out his laptop and pulls up all his files related to Project Carthage. Among the files was a picture of the entire team that worked on Project Carthage, including Franz Hopper. As Omega looked at the picture, she could see two familiar faces standing next to Franz Hopper.

Omega: That's them! My parents!

As Omega said this, Jeremy zoomed in on Omega's parents. Omega's mother was a light skinned woman with pale eyes and blonde hair. Omega's father was a light skinned man with dark brown hair that had been neatly slicked back and blue eyes

Jeremy: Doctor Nala Se and Doctor Royce Hemlock. Well respected doctors in their field. Nala Se is a world renowned geneticist while Royce Hemlock is equally renowned in computer technology.

Jeremy digs more into the careers of both Nala Se and Royce Hemlock. They soon learn that both Nala Se and Royce Hemlock were close associates of Franz Hopper.

Jeremy: It looks like your parents worked closely with Franz Hopper.

Omega: This...this must be the work my parents were working on.

Aelita: Jeremy, is there anything else you can pull up on Omega's parents and their role in Project Carthage?

Jeremy: Give me one sec. I'm looking over the files for any references to either of Omega's parents. From what I can gather, they contributed the most to the project. It seems like they were the people Franz Hopper trusted with the knowledge of Lyoko.

Odd: So you're telling me Omega's folks might have had a hand in creating XANA? Nice. Just nice.

That comment earns him a smack on the back of the head from Yumi. As they continue to dig for information about Omega's parents and their part in all of this, they quickly found a puzzle on their hands. It was a puzzle that that didn't know was their. Learning about the involvement of Omega's parents as well as Omega's connection to both Lyoko and XANA made this mystery even more complicated.

Jeremy: There's still one thing I don't understand.

Aelita: And what is that, Jeremy?

Jeremy: Nala Se is a geneticist, considered one of the best in the world. What would Project Carthage need with a geneticist?

Yumi: What exactly are you saying?

Jeremy: I don't know, but there has to be a reason for it. They wouldn't just bring a geneticist for a project designed to intercept enemy communications. And as for Franz Hopper, I don't see how that would be useful in the creation of Lyoko or XANA.

Aelita: Perhaps it has something to do with the Virtualization.

Jeremy: Maybe. I'd have to do some more digging. But there's one thing I know for sure. Whatever your parents were doing, it was big. It can't be a coincidence that XANA chose to go after you. XANA did the same thing with Aelita because of her relation to Franz Hopper.

As Jeremy said this, Omega had no idea how to process this. It was clear that her parents were somehow involved with the creation of Lyoko and XANA. But so far, all the pieces of the puzzle were scattered and didn't fit with anything.

Jeremy: We should probably head back. It's getting late as it is. We'll continue digging for more information after school. But with all that's happened tonight, I think we have no choice but to use the Return To The Past.

Omega: Return To The Past?

Odd: You'll see in a minute. Just uh...don't freak out.

Aelita: A program that creates a time a temporal reversion which goes back in time. This allows us to erase any damage done by XANA's attacks. As a result of this, it wipes the memories of everyone back to that point, except for people who have been scanned into the Supercomputer.

Jeremy: Return to the past now.

With that, Jeremy launches the Return To The Past. This reverses time to just before XANA possessed Omega, though the effects of XANA's return remained. Omega soon found herself back in her bed. Not questioning what had happened, Omega simply fell asleep, preparing herself for the next day.