Chapter Ten - Unexpected Turn Of Events

Everything began to fall apart, Omega was now in the grips of the Scyphozoa which began to place Omega under her influence. As this happened, Odd was surrounded by XANA's monsters. He glances over to see the Scyphozoa attacking Aelita. In an attempt to free Omega, he fires several laser arrows at the Scyphozoa, delaying the Scyphozoa's attack. However, this causes the monsters to attack Odd, devirtualizing him. In the computer room, everyone was horrified at what they were seeing. 

Jeremy: This is really bad! If the Scyphozoa puts Aelita under XANA's influence, it's all over!

Ulrich: There has to be something you can do!

In that moment, it seemed as if all their efforts would have been for nothing.

Suddenly, explosions were heard outside the Factory. 

Yumi: That's not good.....

Jeremy: We're running out of time!

Meanwhile back on Lyoko, Aelita recovered from the Scyphozoa's attack. When she sees this, Aelita immediately attacks the Scyphozoa, freeing Omega from it's influence. As the Scyphozoa releases Omega, she regains her senses. 

Aelita: Are you okay, Omega?! 

Omega: I...I'm fine....

Jeremy: Aelita, you and Omega need to get to the Tower now! It's just the two of you!

Aelita: Understood!

With that, Omega and Aelita began making a run for the Tower. Meanwhile in the Factory, Ulrich and Yumi along with Odd used the elevator to get to the upper levels of the Factory. They were immediately fired upon by the XANA controlled Exosuit. 

Odd: Holy crap!

Ulrich: Okay....this is bad!

Odd: I hope you guys got a plan!

Yumi: We have to hold that thing off long enough for Aelita to deactivate the Tower!

Ulrich peaked out of cover to see the chest of the Exosuit heating up. Remembering the information Jeremy gave about the Exosuit, he immediately became concerned. 

Ulrich: Guys....we've got a problem. That battery is going critical.....

With that, all Yumi, Ulrich and Odd could do was to distract the Exosuit long enough for Aelita to deactivate the Tower. Meanwhile in Lyoko, Aelita and Omega made a run for the Tower. Omega fired her Energy Bow at the Monsters chasing them. 

Omega: There's so many of them!

Aelita: Don't stop! We're almost there!

As Aelita and Omega closed in on the Tower, Aelita was shot in the back several times, depleting her of her Life Points and devirtualizing her. As Omega was left alone, she found herself surrounded by XANA's monsters. In the Computer Room, Jeremy was shocked by this. 

Jeremy: Oh no! This is bad! This is really bad!

Jeremy glances over to the footage of the Exosuit attacking Yumi, Ulrich and Odd. Their efforts to hold off the Exosuit was in vain as it blasted through the floor and began heading to the Computer room. Back on Lyoko, Omega was terrified. She had monsters cornering her. The Scyphozoa was slowly approaching her. Left with no other choice, Omega fired her Energy Bow at the monsters. But as the Scyphozoa closed in on her, Omega began backing away in terror as she continued to fire on the Scyphozoa. 

Omega: S....stay away!

Omega trips on a branch near the Tower. Gripped by fear, Omega crawls away, only to be grabbed by one of the Scyphozoa's tentacles. As the Scyphozoa begins to drag Omega towards it, Omega screams in terror. In an act of desperation, Omega aims her Energy Bow at the Scyphozoa. She fires a shot at the Scyphozoa's head. The Scyphozoa howls in pain as it lets go of Omega. Without hesitation, Omega runs into the Tower. Jeremy and Aelita watches this in shock. 

Jeremy: No way!

Aelita: How....how is this possible?

Inside the Tower, Omega found herself in a digital landscape. At first, she is confused by her surroundings. All of a sudden, Omega walks to the center of the platform. She then levitates to top platform. Much to the shock of Jeremy and Aelita, they watched as Omega began the process of deactivating the Tower. As if on instinct, Omega performed the same process Aelita does when she deactivates the Tower. When she inputs the code in, the red aura of XANA was replaced by a blue aura.

Omega: Tower deactivated. 

As the Tower was deactivate, the Exosuit burst into the Computer room. The battery on the suit was Exosuit was about to go explode. In the last possible minute, XANA's influence was erased from the Exosuit and it collapses to the ground. Yumi along with Ulrich and Odd ran into the room.

Odd: Phew! Saved at the last minute!

Ulrich: No kidding....

Yumi: Wait....what are you doing here, Aelita? Shouldn't you be on Lyoko?

Aelita: I was devirtualized. 

Ulrich: Then how did you deactivate the Tower?

Aelita: I didn't. Omega did. 

As Aelita said this, the others were in shock. 

Odd: Whoa. This new girl is really full of surprises....

Jeremy: We'll deal with that later. For now, we've got to launch a Return To The Past to undo the damage done by XANA. 

Odd: Plus, I'm not real comfortable dragging a ticking time bomb all the way back to wherever this thing came from. I'm pretty sure lots of people would be asking questions. 

Ulrich: Especially the military when they find out one of their suits got loose and blew up a school. 

Jeremy: Thankfully we won't have to worry about that. Return To The Past now!

With that, Jeremy launches the Return To The Past. This undoes the damage caused by the Exosuit. But in this victory, the Lyoko Warriors learned something new about Omega. And just like that, there were more questions about Omega that needed answering.