Chapter Eleven - A Bigger Mystery

After stopping XANA and launching the Return To The Past, Omega and the rest of the Lyoko Warriors found themselves back to the start of the day. In science class, Mrs. Hertz was giving the lesson on the Periodic Tables prior to XANA's attack. While Omega did her best to focus, she was unable to keep her mind off the fact that this had already happened. Soon enough, Mrs. Hertz was quick to notice this. 

Mrs. Hertz: Omega? Is something the matter?

Omega: N....nothing, Mrs. Hertz! 

Mrs. Hertz: It seems you're having difficulty focusing, Miss Omega.

Omega: I'm...I'm sorry. It won't happen again!

Odd: Aw give her a break, teach! Being the new kid is all sorts of nerve wracking! Don't worry Omega, your old pal Odd here will help ease your new kid worries!

Mrs. Hertz: That....won't be necessary, Mr. Della Robbia. Omega, please try to focus. 

Omega: R...right! It won't happen again!

With that, Omega was able to focus on the lesson and do the assignments without much difficulty. When class ended, Omega met up with the rest of the Lyoko Warriors in the hallways of Kadic. 

Odd: You know the Return To The Past means we don't have to repeat what happened before, right?

Omega: It's....it's a lot to take it. 

Ulrich: I know the feeling. It took us all a while to get used to that. 

As Ulrich says this, Omega looked out the window. At this time, this would've been when XANA attacked. But instead, nothing happened. This took Omega by surprise. But this was not the only thing on her mind. It wasn't long before Jeremy spoke up.

Jeremy: Omega, we need to talk about what happened on Lyoko. 

Omega: Why did XANA target me? 

Aelita: We....we don't know. XANA would always send the Sycphozoa after me because of my father. But....it ignored me. 

Odd: Not to mention Omega deactivating the Tower. That's usually Aelita's job. 

At this point, it became more and more obvious that Omega was somehow connected to XANA. Not only were her parents somehow involved in XANA's creation, but XANA itself was interested in Aelita. 

Yumi: If XANA wanted Omega, why didn't it just trap Omega on Lyoko like William?

Jeremy: Maybe XANA was too weak to try that. All it focused on was uploading itself back to Lyoko. Now that XANA recovered some of it's strength, it's not focusing on trying to take control of Omega.

Odd: Man this thing just keeps getting weirder and weirder! First XANA takes control of Omega to Frankenstein itself back on Lyoko, now XANA's gunning for Omega instead of Aelita! Man Hospital of Horrors got nothing on us!

Omega: I still don't understand why my parents are involved in this or why XANA is after me. 

Jeremy: Don't worry, Omega. We'll get to the bottom of it. If we can deduce Franz Hopper's connection to XANA, then we should be able to find out how your parents are tied into all this. 

Omega: What about XANA? 

Aelita: We don't have to worry about XANA for the time being. Whenever we deactivate a Tower, we prevent XANA from exerting it's will on the real world, but it's only temporary. 

Jeremy: And since we used the Return To The Past, XANA has no doubt grown stronger. 

At this point, Omega was filled with determination. She was determined to not only stop XANA, but to uncover the mystery surrounding her parents. But for now, all Omega could do was wait until XANA makes it's next move. In the meantime, Omega would help with the investigation into her parents. Meanwhile in an undisclosed location, a man was smoking a cigarette while looking over some files relating to Project Carthage. As he does so, a lab assistant enters the room. 

Lab Assistant: Sir, we've detected another anomaly. 

???: Have you been able to pinpoint it?

Lab Assistant: No, sir. There was no time to begin the process. 

The man remained silent as he smokes his cigarette. He continues looking over the files on Project Carthage, a picture of Franz Hopper and his team. During this uneasy silence, the lab assistant speaks up.

Lab Assistant: Sir?

???: We are on the verge of the next step in Humanity's evolution. Project Carthage was merely a stepping stone. In what was meant to merely counter Project Carthage, Waldo Schaeffer created something extraordinary. Lyoko is Humanity's best hope for it's continued growth. The possibilities that Lyoko has is....limitless. But in order to continue Humanity's dominance and evolution, we must recover Lyoko. It won't be long until an another anomaly reveals itself. Patience is key. 

Lab Assistant: Understood, sir. 

With that, the lab assistant leaves the man alone. The man finishes his cigarette as he continues looking over the files relating to Project Carthage. As he moves into the files of Franz Hopper, he pulls up an image depicting the Eye of XANA. 

???: And on the pedestal these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair! The lone and level sands stretch far away. 

As the man says this, he ponders on his search for the Supercomputer. For reasons unknown, the man seeks Lyoko in a desire to help Humanity achieve the next evolutionary step. Such a task would put him on a collision course with the Lyoko Warriors. But more importantly, this would put him on a collision course with Omega. And from behind the scenes of this bigger mystery, XANA would bide it's time to further it's own plans for world domination.