Chapter Fifteen - XANA's Trail

Days have passed since the Lyoko Warriors encountered Fenrir and the Shadow Fist. During that time, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors kept a low profile while continuing their investigation. One day after class, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors met up. 

Ulrich: Anything on our....new friends? 

Jeremy: No. Ever since our encounter, I've had no luck identifying the men who attacked us. Not even Franz Hopper's files didn't mention anything Fenrir or Shadow Fist. The only thing Aelita and I were able to find is the meaning behind Fenrir's name. 

Odd: And that would be?

Aelita: According to Norse Mythology, Fenrir is a monstrous wolf and one of the offspring of the Trickster God Loki. It was Fenrir who killed the All-Father Odin during the events of Ragnorok. 

Odd: That....doesn't sound ominous. 

Omega: There's nothing else? 

Jeremy: Besides that, there's nothing on Fenrir and Shadow Fist. Whoever these guys are, they clearly don't want to be found. But I've stumbled across something....unusual. 

Upon hearing this, Jeremy pulls out his laptop and shows them a map of Lyoko. At first, Omega and the others weren't sure of what they were supposed to be looking at. Jeremy soon points to an area within the Digital Sea. 

Ulrich: What are we supposed to be looking at, Einstein? 

Jeremy: I picked up this signal while doing some digging on Fenrir and the Shadow Fist. It matches to XANA's signature. 

Omega: You mean....

Jeremy: Yeah. It looks like XANA's making his move. 

Aelita: But the strange thing is that we haven't picked up on any Activated Towers since our last encounter with XANA. 

Jeremy: Which means we need to investigate it. 

With that, the Lyoko Warriors made their way to the Factory. Once inside the Factory, Jeremy virtualizes Omega and the Lyoko Warriors onto Lyoko. After that, Jeremy guides Omega and the Lyoko Warriors to Section Five. Once they arrive in Section Five, they reach the Hanger Area where the Skidbladnir was docked. Omega was in awe at the sight of the Skidbladnir. 

Odd: Here's the Skid, Omega! Our one way ticket through the Digital Sea!

Omega: Amazing....

With that, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors boarded the Skidbladnir. Once inside, they take off and ride through the Digital Sea. Jeremy guides them to the coordinates where the signature was located. 

Jeremy(Voice): You should be approaching the source of the signal. What can you see? 

Aelita: I'm not seeing anything? I'll try looking around. 

Inside the Skidbladnir, Omega was in awe at the sight of the Digital Sea. Much like Lyoko, she never imagined that such a thing existed.

Odd: Quite the sight, huh Omega?

Omega: Y....yes. I still can't believe that all of this exists!

Ulrich: For a while, we couldn't even explore the Digital Sea. 

Odd: Then we got the Skid. 

Omega: This is all....amazing. 

It wasn't long before Aelita found the source of the signal. As the Skidbladnir piloted towards the source, Omega could feel that something was wrong. The closer they got to the source of the signal, Omega began to hear whispers in her head.

Voice: My kind transcends your very understanding. We are each a nation, independent, free of all weakness. You cannot even grasp the nature of our existence. We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom.

As the voice whispered in Omega's head, she began to feel lightheaded. It didn't take long before the Lyoko Warriors noticed this.

Yumi: Omega? What's wrong?

Omega: Something's....something's wrong. I can feel....something crawling within my head!

Odd: So I guess that's our cue to leave.

Ulrich: Whatever's down there, it's not worth the risk.

Jeremy(Voice): Say no more. Aelita, bring the Skid home. 

As Aelita attempts to pilot the Skidbladnir away from the source of the signal, the Skidbladnir continues to fly towards the source of the signal deeper into the Digital Sea. Everyone quickly becomes concerned.

Odd: Uh, princess? I thought we decided on not going to whatever that thing is? So why are we still moving towards it?

Aelita: I...I don't know! The Skid's controls are unresponsive! I've got the auxiliary power locked in and it's not working! We might be caught in some sort of tractor beam or a immensely strong gravitational pull!

Ulrich: There has to be something you can do!

Aelita: I'm afraid there's nothing any of us can do! Whatever's got us is strong! I'm not getting any readings on the computer!

Yumi: Then why are we being pulled into it?!

Aelita: I...I don't know!

Jeremy(Voice): Hang tight! I'm going to try and get us out of here!

In the Lab, Jeremy tries to regain control of the Skidbladnir, but nothing was working. It was as if some outside force was stopping Jeremy. Meanwhile back on the Skidbladnir, the voices in Omega's head grew louder and louder. 

Voice: Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding. Even you do not understand what you are.

Omega: P...please! Make it stop! Make it stop!

As the Skidbladnir flies deeper and deeper into the Digital Sea, it began to violently shake. But as it reaches the very edge of the Digital Sea, the Skidbladnir suddenly stops. At the same time, the voices in Omega's head fell silent. Before anyone could react, the Skidbladnir was consumed by a blinding light. What followed was darkness as the ship seemed to disappear. Back in the lab, both the Lyoko Warriors and the Skidbladnir seemed to vanish from Lyoko. What the Lyoko Warriors didn't know was that they stepped into a larger and stranger world.