Chapter Twenty One - Lessons Learned

After deactivating the Tower and launching the Return To The Past, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors found themselves back at Kadic Academy, repeating Mr. Fumet's lesson on the Beast of Gévaudan. After going through the lesson again, the Lyoko Warriors met after class. 

Odd: Well that was...harrowing....

Ulrich: I think I'll be avoiding werewolf movies for awhile. 

Omega: Was....was it that bad? 

Yumi: We were cutting it close towards the end, but we knew you would be able to get that Tower deactivated. 

Jeremy: Cutting it close is about right. XANA sent a lot of Monsters to guard that Tower. More Monsters than XANA has ever sent? 

Aelita: Has XANA really become that powerful in the short time he's been reactivated? 

Jeremy: It's possible, but we can't rule anything out. Between XANA and those...Shadow Fist, I'd say we got a lot on our plate. 

As Jeremy says that, Omega finds herself with more questions about the possible connection between XANA and the Shadow Fist Organization. It was clear to her that the two were somehow connected. 

Omega: Do...do you think that Shadow Fist might have something to do with XANA's increase in power? 

Jeremy: I mean....it's possible. I've been trying to dig up anything on Shadow Fist, but I've found nothing. I've even tried going over Franz Hopper and Project Carthage.

Ulrich: But you've found nothing, haven't you?

Jeremy: Unfortunately.

As Jeremy said this, Omega became deeply troubled. Despite this victory, Omega was no closer to finding the truth about all of this. She could see that it was all connected somehow. Odd quickly stepped in to comfort her. 

Odd: Aw don't beat yourself about it, Omega! It took us a while to piece all this stuff together! I'm sure Einstein will find something. 

Aelita: Odd is right. What matters is that we've stopped XANA. But we need to be prepared for when XANA or Shadow Fist make their next move.

Omega: T...thank you. I'm just....I just want to know why all of this is happening?

Jeremy: We'll get to the bottom of this, Omega. It's only a matter of time before we do. Aelita and I will continue to dig up anything we can on the Shadow Fist. Hopefully we'll learn something......

With that, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors would continue to go about their lives. The latest attack by XANA only prompted the Lyoko Warriors to double their effort in uncovering the mystery of XANA and the Shadow Fist and how Omega was tied into all of this. Meanwhile at the Hermitage, Grigory Nictapolus monitors the satellite feed while drinking a beer. Suddenly, he picks up an anomaly. Grigory quickly zeroes in on the anomaly, but it fades out. After that, Grigory calls his boss. 

Grigory: Hey. It's Grigory. I picked up another one of those anomalies you were going on about. I was able to get the satellite to do....whatever it is you want to do. I'm sending the data over to you now?

Meanwhile at the base, the mysterious man running the Shadow Fist had just received the data Grigory has sent him. As the man looks over the data, the man speaks to Grigory.

???: Excellent work, Mr. Nictapolus. I'll have my people analyze the data. We may need more data on those anomalies. Keep monitoring the satellite for more of the anomalies. The satellites should do the rest. 

Grigory(Phone): How much longer am I gonna be posted in this shithole? I didn't sign up to play desk jockey to some satellite. 

???: Rest assured that you'll be well compensated for your work here, Mr. Nictapolus. I've already taken the liberty to transferring some of the agreed payment into your account as a gesture of good faith. You'll get the rest 

With that, the man hangs up the phone. As he does so, Fenrir enters the room. 

Fenrir: Do you really trust that guy? 

???: Grigory Nictapolus is of no concern, Agent Fenrir. As long as he gets his money, Mr. Nictapolus won't be a problem. Have the men analyze this data. I'll want the results by the end of the night. 

Fenrir: Understood. Anything else, sir? 

As Fenrir says this, the mysterious man smokes his cigarette. After a moment of silence, the man speaks. 

???: What's the status of Valhalla? 

Fenrir: We've siphoned all of the Lyoko data we could for it. We've scrubbed it like you ordered. 

???: Very good. Transfer the Valhalla Data to Tantiss Base. I must remind you that it is imperative that this facility remain hidden and secure. Tantiss Base is vital to Project Necromancer. 

Fenrir: That won't be a problem. We've covered our tracks. Even XANA won't be able to find Tantiss. 

???: It's not XANA you should be concerned with. It's those children. They've already proven themselves a troublesome thorn in XANA's side. And if they were able to stumble upon Valhalla, it's a possibility that they may be able to uncover Tantiss Base. 

Fenrir: We've taken all the necessary precautions, sir. Rest assured that Tantiss Base won't be found by XANA and those kids. 

???: Very good, Agent Fenrir. You're dismissed. 

As Fenrir reassures the man of Tantiss Base's security, the man dismisses Fenrir. When the man is left alone. The man looks over the footage of Shadow Fist's encounter with Omega and the Lyoko Warriors. Omega's involvement in this greatly interested the man. For now, the man would continue moving forward with his plans for Tantiss Base and Project Necromancer.