Chapter Sixteen - Between A Rock & Hard Place

After what transpired in the Digital Sea, Jeremy rushed to try and find the Skidbladnir's signal. After a moment of uneasy silence, the Skidbladnir's signal was restored along with the Lyoko Warriors. Inside the Skidbladnir, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors recovered from the event. 

Jeremy(Voice): Is everyone okay?!

Aelita: We're all fine, Jeremy. We had a bumpy ride, but we'll manage. 

Omega: The voices....they've stopped. 

As Omega said this, she looked out the window of the Skidbladnir. The rest of the Lyoko Warriors soon see that they landed in what appeared to be a tranquil landscape of shining towers. 

Ulrich: Okay...that's new. 

Yumi: What....is this place? 

Aelita: I...I don't know. I've never seen this place before.....

In that moment, Omega and the Lyoko Warriors found themselves in what appeared to be a previously undiscovered area of Lyoko. As the Skidbladnir explored this area of Lyoko, they were suddenly attacked by what appear to two jets. 

Odd: Are you kidding me?! Of course XANA had to spoil the fun!

Upon taking a closer look, Omega sees that these jets were not XANA. 

Omega: Those.....those are Shadow Fist!

As the Skidbladnir took heavy fire, Aelita began a series of evasive maneuvers to avoid being shot. Despite her best efforts, the Skidbladnir was shot down. After the Skidbladnir was devirtualized, the Lyoko Warriors were surrounded by a squadron of Shadow Fist Commandos. 

Shadow Fist Commando: Valhalla is breached! Valhalla is breached! 

As the Shadow Fist Commandos surrounded the Lyoko Warriors, a group of XANA's monsters attacked the Shadow Fist Commandos. The Lyoko Warriors quickly found themselves caught in the crossfire. 

Jeremy(Voice): GET OUT OF THERE, NOW! 

Left with no other choice, the Lyoko Warriors were forced to flee. As they began running, the Lyoko Warriors quickly realized the gravity of their situation. 

Odd: This is getting ridiculous! First we have XANA, then those Shadow Fist guys and now they're BOTH trying to kill us! When do we get a break?!

Yumi: We need to find a way out of here now!

Ulrich: How?! The Skid's gone!

Jeremy(Voice): That won't be a problem! Thankfully I've got access to the layout of Valhalla. I can gain access to one of the Towers and hopefully get you guys out of there! But you need to be quick! We can't have Shadow Fist trace the Supercomputer!

Aelita: Don't worry, Jeremy. We won't be long. 

With that, the Lyoko Warriors began the difficult task of making their way to a Tower that would take them out of Valhalla. The battle between Shadow Fist and XANA allowed the Lyoko Warriors to naviage through Valhalla. Suddenly, they were attacked by a Shadow Fist Commando. Without hesitation, Omega drew her Energy Bow and fired several arrows at the Commando, devirtualizing him. 

Odd: Nice going! 

Omega smiled as she and the rest of the Lyoko Warriors pressed forward. When they reached the Tower, they were attacked by Fenrir. 

Fenrir: Now look what we have here? Now how did you stumble upon our little home? 

Ulrich: Great....this guy again....

Omega: I'll hold him off! Get to the Tower!

Without hesitation, Omega fires her Energy Bow at Fenrir, leaving the Lyoko Warriors with no choice but to make a run for the Tower. Fenrir made no attempt to stop them as he simply laughs. 

Fenrir: I bet you thought that was clever, did you, Omega?

Omega: I won't let you hurt my friends!

Fenrir: Since you're clearly new at this, allow me to explain the ground rules!

Omega fires several arrows at Fenrir, but the Commando blocks them with his sword. He then charges at Omega and lands a devastating strike, depleting half her Life Points. 

Fenrir: There are none! If you live, you win! And just so you know, I never lose!

As Omega was pinned to the ground, Fenrir looked down on Omega as she struggled to free herself. 

Fenrir: Do you have any idea how much you're tied into all this, Omega? Huh? Do you know the part you're going to play?

As Fenrir taunted Omega, Omega reached for her Energy Bow and smacks him in the face. Omega then fires an arrow at Fenrir's chest. It was at this moment that the Scyphozoa appears. As Omega makes a run for the Tower, the Scyphozoa grabs Omega's leg and attempts to drag her away. Fenrir then steps in and cuts the Scyphozoa's tentacle, freeing Omega. 

Jeremy(Voice): OMEGA! RUN! 

Without hesitation, Omega makes a run for the Tower. As Omega enters the Tower, she finds herself back in Sector Five. 

Odd: Well that was harrowing. 

Aelita: Are you okay, Omega? 

Omega: I'm...I'm fine. A Scyphozoa grabbed me, but....Fenrir saved me. 

Yumi: What? Why would he do that?

Omega: He....he said I was part of something. 

Odd: And just like that, we're back to that mystery of Omega and her folks being tied to XANA and Lyoko. This just keeps getting better and better. 

Jeremy(Voice): I'm not detecting any Activated Towers in any of the other Sectors. This might be our best chance to leave Lyoko before XANA or Shadow Fist get any bright ideas. 

With that, Jeremy devirtualizes Omega and the Lyoko Warriors. Meanwhile in Valhalla, Fenrir and the Shadow Fist were able to clear out the Sector of XANA's monsters. He the contacts his superior. 

Fenrir: Valhalla was breached. 

???(Communicator): By who? 

Fenrir: XANA and those kids. 

???(Communicator): Hhm....we'll just have to double our security. 

With that, Fenrir and Shadow Fist began fortifying Valhalla. In that moment, another aspect to the connection between Omega and XANA has been uncovered.